Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stumped by a HAWG
Bout 7 r 8 years ago da wife(now X) N i were speck fishin n a private pit n my lil 14 ft john boat redneck style, 2 r 3 poles slid up under our butts,...just driftin round....sew while we were driftin and da specks were`nt hitin i would B throwin a rattle trap on a baitcaster i had...i slung that thing out there and was retreivin it feelin the action of the lure then all of a suddin it stoped...like i hung on a log r rock(this pit is full of them)...i never snapped 2 set hook just got da slack out of it n pulled...i pulled once...nothin.....i cranked da slack out n pulled again this tyme it pulled da boat...i said 2 myself....self u r hung.....sew i cranked da slack out of it again n pulled this tyme it felt like it came loose....i started reelin....could`nt feel the action of my lure.....gitin alota slack....i finally caught up with it bout 3 ft off 2 my left...this BIG ol HAWG came up n rolled n spit my lure right back at me....talk bout sick i was sick<br>i have an 11 pounder out of this pit....this fish i lost had 2 go 13 r 14....she just came up n grabed that lure n stoped...<br>i CRIED 4 awhile then put it n my book of LESSONs...let this happen again...i`ll B ready next tyme....Bsafe!.......C-Ya!.........<br><br>
i hate loseing big fish was ice fishing a local lake and two of the fish i set the hook on ( and never hooked ) felt like i didn't even move them the seconed one straightend out my hook !
[signature]
gotta love them old grandaddy fish , i bet he's become the local legend by now !
ya seen him again yet ?
[signature]
i hooked and lost a large trout at a local lake famous for small trout its now know as the " lost creek moster "
[signature]
very cool [cool]!!!

kinda like "catfish hunter " in the grumpy old men movies [Wink] .
[signature]