Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
winter fishing
is there any activity around murrell's inlet in the winter or have all fish moved out? didn't know if winter trout and redfish were still around.
[signature]
The fishing continues on through the winter. It really depends on what kind of set up you have. The trout are just starting to move into the creeks in Murrells Inlet. Actually, that warm "blast" we just had probably screwed up the trout fishing for a week, but they'll be working their way back in. The drum should be still around as well, not too sure there though. I know the big bulls are hanging around the coast of NC, so we should have some here in our area as well, atleast along the rocks of the jetties and along the breakers of the surf. If you have a big enough boat, you can sneak on out a little ways and the black sea bass fishing should really be picking up. You can also snag Sheepshead along the reef year around, as they bounce from the jetties to the reef. The grouper also move closer inshore during the winter months. You can snag grouper around 12 to 15 miles out during this time of year.
[signature]
i talked to a friend who lives in garden city and he told me he knew fishermen who went to georgetown last week and each caught the limit of sheepshead. i thought they would have moved out by now.
[signature]
Believe it or not, the sheepshead don't migrate, you just don't see them along the piers anymore until summer. They stay along the rocks of the jetties or hang around the structure at the inshore reef. They are always here and can be caught year around, if you can handle the colder weather. LOL, I know I'm not too keen with the cold weather fishing unless I know I can kill'em. The seabass fishing will be picking up as well. It's always good in the winter, and they are alot bigger too. [Smile]
[signature]