Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
post anything about fishing
well accually anything in jeneral. like videos from youtube for everyone to see. fishing or non-fishing. put them on here for the world to see. look at some of mine thele make you laugh.this is my son in these so dont think its me.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GunAB7vb3s try these for starters then add your own and or just talk about fishing or really anything you want.
[signature]
That was a nice video but what does it have to do with fishing??[crazy]
[signature]
I'm thinking his boys were "fishing" for a laugh. Yeah.. .. that must have been it. [Wink]

Now for a real question about fishing....

The last fish I caught was a 24 lb King Salmon. Hooked it right in the mouth on a homemade glow spinner/egg combo. It was an ausome fight with a couple of acrobat jumps and everything. Took about 15 minutes to get it into the net. I found the hook completely crushed and only holding by a thread on it's lip, another 5 seconds and I would have lost it for sure.

Ever since then, I havn't really had the urge to go fishing. Kind of like hitting a hole in one on the 18th hole the last day of the season. You just put up your clubs for the year because you figure no way your going to top that. Catching that big King was like putting a cherry on top of a great year of fishing.

Anyway... on with the question. I know for a fact that there are walleye and Stealhead in the river right now. Do I go out fishing in the cold and risk catching a stupid little rock bass or worse yet getting skunked to close out the year or do I just sit back and Smile knowing the last fish of 2007 was a monster ?????

..... thoughts?
[signature]
It is nice to see it that way. Going out with a bang is always good and a nice form of "Self" Brownie points.[angelic]

Some of us also enjoy the Brownie point system of being able to fish every day of the year. The drawback, as you said could be pulling up a small fish or even getting skunked.[crazy]

There is no wrong way to do it as long as everyone is satisfied with their own efforts and have a good time while doing it.[cool]

Thanks for adding some fishing content to this thread.[Smile]
[signature]
where are you fishing? I have a buddy that fishes Salmon river, oswego, the douglaston , the staircase and he prefers this time of year. He goes after a snow storm starts to melt or right after some rains. He catches some big fish, I think he may like going then because the usual elbow to elbow crowds aren't there.
[signature]
yea sorry for the videos they just told me to put them on there i didn't even know what they where. but i think you should still go fishing again. i mean that is pretty pointless because its just a new day and new fish save that moment and move on. i mean i cought a 32 inch lake trout and i went right out the next day and caught nothing but a small walleye. dont give up. im serious. thats what makes you want to go out again and again is that hope of haveing a good day.
[signature]