Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Travis Report
[size 2]Pro Report – Lake Travis – Austin, Texas

4/6/03

Water Level : normal

Water Clarity : clear

Water Temperature : 66 degrees

We had good day on the lake while fishing in a tournament. Caught about 40 fish total for the day.

It rained all morning, and then the sun finally broke out later in the afternoon. The air temp was nice and comfortable, but a little cool while it was raining.

Most of the fish were caught using a Gambler Stud (watermelon), and Gambler Bacon Bit (watermelon/firestick).

We were using Castaway’s WRM66 (med-hvy action worm rod) and 12# Silver thread AN40 (green) on the bacon bits with a 1/8 ounce Pro rattlin’ worm weight, and the studs were fish un-weighted while dead-sticking. We were throwing these baits into shallow areas around brush and rocks.

Fish were also caught using a Cordell Spot (1/4-oz) in chrome/black. We were throwing the spot parallel to the rocky banks and getting strikes as the spot came into contact with rocks.

If you would like to book a trip to fish Lake Travis call H&S Fishing – Bass Fishing Guide Service at

512-341-0671.

Visit our website at [/size][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/www.hs-fishing.com"][#0000ff][size 2]www.hs-fishing.com[/size][/#0000ff][/url][size 2] and read about the other lakes that we also provide service on. H&S Fishing provides guided trips to most Central and South Texas lakes and are regularly fishing the tournament trails, so look for us and we will be glad to help you out.

As always, Good luck and Good fishing!
[/size]
[signature]
welcome to the B.F.T. boards , i am lonehunter from michigan , one of the many guys that are helping ssor , your state board moderator as he is attending a fishing event in texas .your home state ! it's great to have you here . have you signed up for your 2 year free subscription to field and stream ? ' your fishing report is automatically entered into a weekley contest too !

how long have you been in business ? any great stories that really stick out during your trips ? sure would like to hear one . thanks , lonehunter .
[signature]
We have been guiding for about 4 years, but didn't officially become a business until last year.

I wasn't aware of the subscription to Field & Stream, but I will look for the entry and submit it, because I don't currently get that magazine.

A funny story, well - there was 1 trip that had 2 clients on it and one of them lost control of the rod when he cast and he threw the whole thing into the water. As I was trying to work my way to the back of the boat to snag it, he asked his buddy "What do I do?" So, his buddy shouts, "JUMP!" -so he did, jumped right into the water to retrieve the rod. We laughed about that the rest of the day. It was classic!

Glad to be on board and will be submitting regular reports, mostly on Travis, but we get to the other lakes at least once a month.

Thanks
[signature]
it's times like that you wish you had a video camer on !

" JUMP ! " LOL ( Laugh Out Loud ) , man what a clasic !

hey , thanks for the story , that was great , i'm gonna grin on that for the rest of the day . great to have you on , anything i can do for you , you just let me know . thanks , lonehunter .
[signature]