Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turkey time
[mad] No , I did'nt get my license this year ! Did any of you get yours, let us know how you did ? GOOD LUCK!!!!

Flagmanonice----------------
[signature]
i used to put in for them year after year , then i moved up here into the sticks . i had to take the split rail fence down in front of my house because they would perch on it every day for hours and leave there droppins everywhere ! if you have been on a island where see-gulls nest , well thats what my front yard started to look like and smell like . it wasn't pretty at all .

i will say one thing , there better than a butter ball , but our licence fees just arn't worth going after them anymore . i think from the application fees and then the purchase price here in michigan it works out to be around twenty two bucks . heck , thats almost double what a deer tag costs !

better luck next year , or in the fall , we have two hunting seasons here . what about you guys ?
[signature]
We have two seasons too, but the spring one is the one I like, cause of calling !! And yes ,they are excellent table fair. We always steak out the breast, then put a (steak ) turkey, onions, salt and pepper, and a slab of butter, wrap it in tin foil and throw it on the fire at camp !!!!! no raised turkey can touch the taste !

Flagmanonice--------------May you cluck like a hen, and shoot like a man !!!!
[signature]
that camp recipe sounds great ! i like the way they taste too ! even overcooked there still juicy , and the flavor !!!!!!!!!!!!!! yea , just great !
[signature]