Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the Best Bait is the one you Make!!!
It, sound to me that perch arn't "Pecking" very well.Inshore species includeing pelagics,choose the freshest live or fresh dead to any store bought.RULE#1)scout out the area,looking for signs of sandcrabs,in surf,or insects in or under rocks at jetties,these tid'bits are going to require work,Digging,moveing shucking,etc...but this "Work" will eventually pay off.RULE#2)If unable to locate,fresh bait,try my favorite,"GUTS".Go to the fish market and find the local inshore fish,that is caught and sold,Whole,and use the intestine's from them.These fish have been feeding on "the kind" in the local areas,and the intestines,carry the enzyme's internally,so it is a reconizeable scent of bait.RULE#3)Carolina Rig. Use small #4-6 Circle hooks attached to a leader about 18-20in" long to a Mcmaon swivel.then on other side to main line first insert a slideing egg sinker 1/2oz or 3/4oz for fishing lines from 4lb.-to-6lb. Or 3/4oz-to-1-1oz-1*1/2oz for fishing lines from 6lb-to-12lb# test.---Then after inserting egg sinker use a small "Glass" of hard plastic BEAD then tie the main line to the other end of swivel.Cast out from surf or jetty and "SLOWLY" reel in the slack.When you feel a lil' pressure,Leave it alone and wait!We call this the "West Coast Slingshot",and it "IS" the most productive method in catching any fish anywhere.Special Hints to successfull fishing this method are indicated by " " GOOD FISHING,as one guy once said;"Change your Bait,and I't may Change your Life !!!"
[signature]
hey ssor here's my fishing tip too ! it will stop that skunked feeling .[laugh]

first cast INTO the water , quit looking at the crowds of people and wondering what they would look like in B.F.T. hats ! that is not fishing , that is daydreaming . [crazy]

watch your rod tip ! when it twitches , it means your getting a nibble or a bite ! pull back on the rod and start to reel in .chances are there will be a fish on it , if not , try again . make sure you are using a hook and that it is baited . this has always worked for me . [Wink]

shapley ladies on the fishing docks , beaches , and passing boats are probably peta members , there tactic is to distract the fisherman and make him forget all about fishing [blush]. you should take there picture and post them here so that all the guys can study every feature of them for future reference . [angelic]

good luck my friend , lonehunter
[signature]