Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba again.. Report and video
went back to Yuba today. and went to see if some pike were around..

went to a area that has been good in the past. found 15 feet of water and gave it a try..

good news is there is a ton of perch in that lake. but what are they doing in 15 feet of water with ice on the lake?

well i got some realy cool video today so check it out here: [url "http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PBlyUg1KMWg"]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PBlyUg1KMWg[/url]
[signature]
[reply]

good news is there is a ton of perch in that lake. but what are they doing in 15 feet of water with ice on the lake?

[/reply]

Hmm, good question. Maybe their out smarting the Pike, lol

Nice vid me friend.
[signature]
That looks great, how much of the lake has ice???

Are you going to be there on the first???

I'm planing to be there on the first who else....
[signature]
wow! great video. There are TONS of perch everywhere on that vid! Good size ones too!
[signature]
I JUST WATCHED SOMETHING ABOUT THIS ON IN FISHERMAN. AT FIRST ICE PERCH CRAPPIE AND BLUE GILL WILL FEED SHALLOW BUT BY MID SEASON MOORE WILL BE IN 30 TO 50 THAN SHALLOW. MOST PANFISHERMEN OVER LOOK THIS SHALLOW BITE AND WALK OUT DEEPER FIRST. IS WHAT ALL LINDER AND DOUG STANGEY HAD TO SHARE. WAS THER A WEEDLINE CLOSE? THAT IS 1 OF THE KEYS TO FINDING SHALLOW PANFISH. IVE GOT THE VIDEO AT HOME. O AND ALL LINDERS SNOW MOBILE RACK OR TRUNK IS AWSUME. ARE YOU GOING TO THE BURBOT BASH? IF SO ILL BRING IT AND SHOW YA HIS DESIGHN. YOU GONA WANA DO SOME MOORE TINKERING WHEN YOU SEE IT. IM GOING TO HAVE ONE BUILT FOR SURE...
[signature]
I am planning on hitting it on the first with the family. Yuba ice fishing brings back many memories of the old days when it was one of the few places to ice fish. I still have a scar on my forehead from a trip I took with my dad when I was real young and my pants were falling down and my dad was trying to help me and ended up landing me face first on the ice.
[signature]
no i will not be there jan 1.. i'm not going to spend 5 buck to go to a state park where you have to pay! and the road is un-plowed and the iron ranger is a block of ice with no way of getting a envlope out of it!

i hate how thay have made it there now.. there is no reason to have to pay in the winter if there is no survice!!!

and then only get to fish for 10 min's to top it off! no thank's..

the only reason i'm fishing it now is i can fish as long as i want, just can't keep any perch. after the first you have to keep every perch you catch and you have to stop after 10 fish.. ok it was takeing me addvrage 35 seconds today per fish.. so in about 6 min's i would have been done!! ..

no i will go to fish lake where it's free and i can take as many perch as i like and try for a big mac as well..
[signature]
I have to go to Moroni to pick up my grandson if you want to ride a long with us you can I have a pass...
[signature]
I might it up Yuba on the 2nd or 3rd. I would love to land me some big perch and maybe a shot at a pike. Come on Fuzzy - join all us - every one will be doing it.
[signature]
I'd like to get in on the action too on the first! Does one have to stop fishing if they are fishing for pike or trout (after having caught a perch limit already)?
[signature]
[reply]
no i will not be there jan 1.. i'm not going to spend 5 buck to go to a state park where you have to pay! and the road is un-plowed and the iron ranger is a block of ice with no way of getting a envlope out of it!

[/reply]

Hey its $7 !

sm
[signature]
the sign at the ranger shack there at pantied rock said 5.00 bucks per car up to 7 pepole. 8 or more it was 7.00.. i think. i did not pay ether day!!

and i dont think i should have to pay ether!

if the state of Utah want's to charge me to go fishing in a place that was free for years!

then they better at lest plow the road and unlock the bathrooms!! if they are not going to maintane the grounds why should i pay them anything????
[signature]
you have to keep every perch you catch! up ot 10. after you catch 10 perch you can NOT fish anymore at all on yuba! it does dont mater what you are fishing for.. [mad] that's the state of Utah for ya!! i think they a bound and determend to screew this lake up any way they can!! i beleve that it's that trout brain that is implanted in there heads when they take a DWR job.. [shocked]
[signature]
I fell the same way if they want the money they should earn it by plowing and keeping the places open....

I like the Painted rocks side of the lake and will be their on the first if any one want to join us come on down I should get there around 10:30 to 11:00...
[signature]
[Wink] LMAO!

Oh come on ol' buddy. You mean to tell me you dont want to make an hour run to Yuba only to fish for 5 minutes to load up on your limit and then go home? Man whats with ya?? lol..

On the flip side we could poke a couples hole and lay our offers on the ice next to the ice holes and stay longer [Wink]
[signature]
I think you will have to stop catching perch, or stop using what perch will hit the ticket is not worth catching a few more perch....
[signature]
lol thats about the only way you could not catch a perch at yuba.. just dont put a hook down the hole.. other than that. it's not going to be long before ya got to go...

oh and BTW to all you fisher pepole out there going to go for perch next week.. there is a ton and a half of 4 to 8 inch realy skinny perch in there.. it about 6 to 1.. so odd's are your going home with 2 nice 10 to 12 inch fish and 8 little skinny fish.. good luck to ya-all.
[signature]
The wife and I both enjoyed the video, we used to ice fish this at least once a year when the big perch were there, probably 7 to 8 years ago since our last perch outing there. We have a pair on the wall with hers going 2lbs. even and mine 1 lb. 14 oz. We also fished the walleye when it was great fishing for them. We would pull our 5th wheel down around the first of April and leave it there all summer. Haven't done that since the spring of 2002. We will be there in a couple weeks for a day or two fishing hopefully it will stay cold and I can get to some of my favorite areas. I enjoy reading your posts, kind of remind me of myself. I have a good friend who lives in Salina and he will be there with the "CROWD" New Year's day and said he would keep me informed on the ice conditions. Have a great day fishing where ever you go Ron and thanks again for you pictures and input to the site. [cool]
[signature]
Than you fish for Pike or Trout. .... hehe On a serious side, wht if you are fishing for the other species after you get your 10. Can you return them than?
[signature]
Fuzzy im with you 10 min. of fishing dont sound fun to me [pirate]
[signature]