Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally a tiger through the ice!!
[size 1]Well, i fished it today with Yper jr. and between all 4 of us(my son and his nephew included), i was the only one to catch any fish. 2 perch as long as my index finger and ???????? a 29' tiger!!!!!! Yeah baby, finally after hundreds of dollars in gear, gas, blistering cold, and disgust i finally connected! I saw a mark on the vex, reeled up to it and after 30 seconds he finally tapped it! Yes, all the tigers i have had hit in the last week only tapped my lures. He left view of the vex 4 times and came back. He did not fight too much and i wouldn't have let him anyway. 14# flourocarbon and a 6" steel leader he was mine. A quick couple pics and he bolted down the hole.
The wind blew extremely bad today with gusts approaching 70 mph! I took my 4-wheeler out today and that is the only thing that kept my tent in 1 piece. Enjoy the pics.[cool] [/size]
[inline "29 inch ice tiger.JPG"]
[inline "ice tiger inline.JPG"]
[size 1]
[/size]
[signature]
congrats.. nice haul..

I am putting the final touches on my walleye tipup tonight, hope it will be ready tomarow, if not by the weekend for sure... depending on how many coats of varnish I have to put on it... then I will be ready to target me a couple eyes...
[signature]
Congratulations! You have have been working on it long enough.[Wink] Glad to see you finally got one through the ice.
[signature]
Nice catch, what did you catch it on ?
[signature]
way ta go buddy. after that long you deserved a bigger one.
[signature]
6" glow tube with chub meat.[cool]
[signature]
Not sure what is bigger.... the size of the fish or the Smile on your face. Congrats !!!
[signature]
Wasn't really a Smile. It was closing my eyes enough to see where the camera was. The wind was blowing frozen ice chunks at 50+ mph and that was one of the brief times i actually got out of the tent.[Wink]
I was actually still shaking at that moment though. Adrenaline starts at the hook set even though i have caught hundreds of these fish. I love it![Smile]
[signature]
way to go Brody !!! looks like one of your goals has been completed. now that you have found one fish look at you map and look for simillar spots and you might be able to get some more a little more often. later chuck
[signature]
Yeah, i hope i semi-figured them out this time. Totally different than what i have been doing.[cool]
[signature]
Thanks again
[signature]
nice fish. i only dream a catching a tiger in any fashion.
[signature]
you and me both, it is still on my list of fish to catch, that and paddle fish...
[signature]
Montana has Paddle fish
[signature]
Come to UT in June Dave and I'll get ya a few tigers.[Wink]
[signature]