Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Game Inline Spinners
Hey Guys.

I've always wanted to get one of these things for pike and muskie. But they cost a little over $10 around here and I never wanted to spend that much, but I really want one because I think they would work great.

[inline spinners.jpg]

Have any of you had any luck with these big lures? I think they would work great around where I live but I can usually always catch them on crankbaits.
[signature]
utwalleye fishes some like those here in utah with good succes on tigers my son bought one after fishing with chuck. he tied it on at yuba. got slammed and 17 pound p line was cut like butter. big spinners ya man.[Wink]
[signature]
I am more of a topwater or crank fisherman for tigers but i have thrown them for tigers a few times with minimal luck. Confidence in your lure is key i think. Let us know if they work good for you.[cool]
[signature]
I like the firetiger pattern for tigermusky's, I've done ok with it.
later chuck
[signature]
Bassmaster-

i've always done well catching the big guys on the mepps #5 (the biggest size before going to the extra big ones) which cost like $6 IIRC. Plenty of ~30" pike on the gold spinner with brown tail and the firetiger pattern.. I can only infer that if these big ones work as well as their smaller counterparts (and i'm sure they do) they are worth their weight in gold.
[signature]
Thanks for the help guys[cool] I think I will have to pick one up. I'll have to buy some steal leaders too[cool]
[signature]
I've tried steel leaders and don't catch many fish or big fish very often. I now use braided line and have done lots better. I think the steel changes the action. instead of a steel leader I use a braided line leader. this seems to work great for me. later chuck
[signature]
no steal. i hated it. like chuck shared go with braided.[Wink]
[signature]
How strong of a braided line do you use? Also have you found any brand or type of braided line that doesn't do well?
[signature]
I use coated braided stainless steel leader material.
.013 diamiter carmal brown in color. I do well with it on tipups and trolling and casting....

a lot mor flexible that regular steel leaders.
[signature]
Hey Bassmaster! I would suggest that you use the "Tyger" leader.

It is made of Kevlar. It is light like mono, has the strength of steel and you can tie it with the same confidence as the Power Pro braided line. You can even use the standard Mono knots with it.

It is stronger than the steel and comes in different weights. I use a 1 foot piece when fishing for Barracuda. A Barracuda can snap 50lb test in a heart beat. It does no damage whatsoever to the Tyger leader.[cool]
[signature]
I just use about a foot of 30lb. spiderwire, this way I can let the wife use a spinning rod with mono and tie in the leader.
later chuck
[signature]