Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba 1-13-08
[cool] [font "Times New Roman"][size 3][blue]Bassrods and I worshiped at the church of the 7th day angler today…at the Yuba chapel. Had a lot of other heathens on the ice too. Everybody seemed to be catching a few. Saw one group on the way back in from our fishing that was only fishing about 50 yards straight out from the ramp and had quite a few nice fish on the ice.[/blue][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][blue][size 3] [/size][/blue][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][blue]Nice day. No wind. Took my coat off early. Only drilled three holes and Bassrods drilled a few more…all in the same area. Depth from 12 feet to 25 feet. I fished mainly with blade baits and big plastics, trying for something with size and teeth. I got some decent sized perch, but nothing big enough to eat any of them. Actually, by fishing with big stuff, with large hooks, I was able to keep the littler perch off the hook. Oh, I had LOTS of pecks and tugs, but I tried to “set the hook” only on “weight” and it paid off. My perch were from 9” to just over 11”. Bigger than last week’s fish.[/blue][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][blue][size 3] [/size][/blue][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][blue]Bassrods used mostly standard sized (smaller lures) stuff, but his fish were of a much better size today too. We will both dine well…or at least as far as a wimpy limit of ten fish will go.[/blue][/size][/font]
[signature]
Looks like a nice day to be on the ice. Are you sure you didn't take one biggie and turn it into ten?(only on sunday)
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I can only walk on water that is frozen, and I definitely can't be multiplying the fishes. No loaves neither. And, come to think about it, the wine tasted a lot like Pepsi.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Is that enough sacrilege for ya?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Nice work Pat. Looks tasty to me...
[signature]
Did you fish the same spot you were fishing earlier in the week?
[signature]
Well it seems that Yuba is in fine shape and the perch is doing fine TD and I hit the lake on thursday and my grandson and I hit the lake on saturday...

Then TD and I did a quick trip today and plan another one tomorrow if we can wake up that is, today was a fun trip we seen a coyote on the way down and a few BFT'ers on the lake witch was fun to meet them...
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Nope. There were people fishing all over within view of the ramp, and everybody seemed to be putting fish on the ice.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]We went across the lake to some shallow points we knew about from open water fishing. Found one point with fish on both sides and even a few in very shallow water right on top.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]No toothy critters today, but one of the fish thet Bassrods brought up had some "souvenir" scars from a close encounter with something big and toothy. Probably hit Cliff's line just to escape into the air above the ice.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Ha TD you didn't post the picture of you in your long johns....[Wink]
You was take'n a picture of us so I got one of you....[sly]
[signature]