Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where are tthe big fish in NY?
Every fall the I get a guys trip only and the last 2 years we when to Oswego to salsom fish on a charter, a great charter TK, but this coming year we want to do something different and not troll. Where are the best places for large fish, like muski and pike. Lake Champlain sound great, but a bit far from NJ. Anything farther south?
[signature]
Your in the right area! Try fishing further north, thousand islands area. Big Musky. Even the salmon river area, Sandy pond is great for pike. You certainly dont have to travel much further.
[signature]
Another great place is the Upper Niagara River. I think the largest ever caught there was around 30 lbs and also Lake Chatauqua. That is an incredible lake there. Good luck with the big ones.
[signature]
the st. lawrence river is a great spot, and theres a place called black lake a little further up thats stocked to the brim with lunkers and fat bass.....but you honestly you dont have to go that far for pike. if ur comin up from binghamton way, there's a few lakes around syracuse that have some big ass pike. one is otisco lake which is just past cortland and the dec has been stocking it with tiger muskie for the past few years and theres oneida lake which is just past syracuse which has tons of pike, and walleye. u can try the rivers too if u get a chance...the seneca, oneida and oswego rivers run from ontario into oneida and theres tons of spots in there where ive caught some decent sized northerns....theres also a place in between the seneca river that forms a lake called cross lake, by baldwinsville, theres a ton of northern and muskie in there too...hope that helps!!
[signature]
Defiantly Lake Chautauqua for some serious Musky Fishing. If you go I will tell you a few Points to Fish. Just remember to figure 8 the lure at the boat. Most hit then!!!.

A 1/2 hour away - Ahhh maybe 45min you can hit the Niagara River Sand Bar. You hit it right your arms will be sore when your done fishing. I have had 30+ fish Days on a 4hr trip catch Steelies, and Lakers. Be sure to soak your line and fishing pole eyes with denatured alcohol so they dont freeze up. Well, It slows it down I should say. It gets Cold!!!
[signature]