Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texas fishing on Lake Fork, Cypress Springs and Bob Sandlin
[#0000ff][size 4][center]Cypress Springs[/center]

On a trip, Monday, the 14th, water temperature was in the high 60's. Catching between 15-20 bass and the largest was 6.10 lbs. Bass are on beds and biting Gene Larew white craw worms dipped in pink dye. Also, flipping shallow near boat docks in 3-5 feet with a Hoo-Daddy in Pumpkin pepper green. Some bass are already moving out to points with a few caught on Carolina rigs. Talking to local crappie fisherman, the crappie have been slow this last week. [center]Bob Sandlin[/center] [center][/center]

On the 2 trips to Bob Sandlin this last week, water temp was in the 60's. Bass have been good, averaging 10-15 bass a trip. Fish have been hitting Stanley black & white spinner baits with double willow leaf blades on overcast and cloudy days. Fish have also been hitting Smithwick Rogues. Fish on beds are going after white Gene Larew craw worms and salty lizards. Just an added note, it is very important when fishing with lizard type baits, use a good hook to land your catch. I recommend Gamakatsu hooks, they are the best.

Sand bass are schooling around the blow hole area.

On Saturday, the 12th, I attended the weigh-in for the Texas NorthEast Division of Media Bass Tournament Trail. The club had 83 teams with 219 fish caught, average fish weight was 2.41 lbs. The heavy stringer weighing 22.14 was caught by Casy Merriman and Mike Cobb. Big bass of the tournament weighed 5.94 lbs. All 83 teams weighed in an impressive 528.47 lbs. [center][/center] [center]Lake Fork[/center] [center][/center]

With recent strong winds, it makes me appreciate my Ranger Boat more and more. Several trips to Fork with clients last week, we caught around 10-15 fish per day with the largest being almost 7 lbs. We are catching almost all of our fish on beds. I'm still using my white Gene Larew craw worms dyed pink. There is something about the pink that drives the bass crazy. We have also picked up some fish on Smithwick Rogues in the orange/silver color. As the temperature continues to warm, you will see more fish moving onto beds. I am looking forward to some consistent warmer days and lighter winds. Keep your line fresh and hooks sharp!! [center]Report furnished by Donnie Thomas, licensed guide[/center] [center]To book a trip, contact Donnie at 903-537-4945 and check out the website for special discounts on last minute trips!![/center] [center][url "http://www.easttexasangler.com"]www.easttexasangler.com[/url][/center] [center] [/center][/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
Donnie,
I wanted to thank you for your reports. They are informative and helpfull to anglers that are fishing in the areas that you report on.
As a newer member have you heard about the free 2 year subscription to Field and Streem mag for members at BFT? If not you will find a post right on the Texas forum that provides details.
Thanks again and welcome to the Boards.
[signature]