Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pierpoint 3/4 day Tomorrow

Hey there guys,

Gonna go out on the 3/4 day Pierpoint tomorrow. Will report on success when I get back. Hope they have squid. Waters is cold and probably won't go to Catalina yet.

JapanRon
[signature]

Report:

Went out on the 3/4 day Pierpoint courtesy of Capt. Jimmy with Markie as cook, got good chum and hookbait, water temperature 60 yes 60 degrees, decent weather, good fishing friends, went to Horseshoe Kelp. That's the end of the good news. Full Moon, almost no sandies or calico bass, Lots of sculpin (endangered species, riiiiiiiiight) and short halibut released. One legal halibut boated. We tried!

JapanRon
[signature]
Thanks for the report Japan Ron.

Red Darren will be out fishing the Flats tomorrow so hopefully it picks up a bit. It's always scary when The Shoe can't put up some Calicos and Sandies.

That full moon is a killer!

Endangered Rattle Snakes- whats next?
[signature]

Hi again Booyaa1,

I too am a believer in the full moon not being good for fishing in general. But then again, I believe in UFO's too so what ya gonna say! ha ha

I got the feeling there was a downhill current when I thought about it later but don't remember feeling it was that strong. I seem to remember some boats last week came on up from Newport to hit PV for some good counts on calicos, sheephead, and some short WSB.

Should be interesting what develops this weekend with decent ?weather?!

JapanRon
[signature]