Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outdoor ethics please read
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]I can’t believe this would ever happen. I thought all people who enjoy the outdoors to be good, kind, honest people. I was having a great time on Strawberry Saturday the19th of January (even though one of my snowmobiles would not start). Fishing was good. The weather could not have been any better. As the day was coming to an end, one of my friends took the time to take some of us back to our trucks on his snowmobile. He wasn’t worried about leaving his gas powered ice auger, fishing poles and ice shack on the lake because there had always seemed to be a universal, outdoorsman’s code of ethics.[/size][/font]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Once he had us all back to our trucks we talked for a few minutes and then he went on his way back to retrieve his gear. When he got there, everything was gone. His gas powered ice auger, fishing poles and his ice shack. [/font][/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]I could not believe that someone would take a fellow outdoorsman’s gear. We all work damn hard for what we have and to have someone come by and take over a $1000.00 worth of gear that does not belong to them is very Sad.[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]The ice shack is very large and it is purple. It is the only one I have ever seen out ice fishing. [/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]I will think twice before I ever leave my stuff to go help someone.[/size][/font]
[signature]
That's a really crappie deal man. I mean, it's not like the guy that stole the stuff will ever be able to use it anywhere. The purple shanny would kinda stand out ya know. That's actually pretty brave, stealing someones gear. I know around here, that would be a gamble with your life. Most of the good ol' boys down here in the south pack heat, and wouldn't have any problem tossing a theif's bones to the gators.

That would be a catchy conservation phrase you know.....

"Support you local outdoorsman, feed a theif to a gator."

LMAO Geez, I crack myself up. [sly]
[signature]