Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Advice
Hi there everyone,
My name is Mike and I am new to the forum and a novice fisherman. i have been fishing for a number of years on Castle Rock Lake near the Wisconsin Dells , but this summer I am going up to the boundry waters on the Gunflint Trail for a few months and was hoping some of the more experianced anglers here could give me some tips for catching some monster walleye, pike, and muskie. Bait types, angling techniques and areas to look out for are all areas I could use some advice in. Thanks for the help.
[signature]
Welcome to BFT. You have asked for alot of info that i can not give you. I'm sure there will be someone who can help you chime in that is from that area or has been there.. Give it a little time and see what happens. You may also try posting on the respective states board. Enjoy your stay here and feel free to ask any questions you wish. Big fish eat little fish that swim like rapalas...
[signature]
first thing i would do is a google on the area you want to fish. find out what water bodies you will be neer or passing on your trip. then dig in local bait shops are one killer plase to start. call them. if you are shore fishing go rapalas and jigs for most everything that swims. lol from shore for eyes i use twister tail jigs. and just swim them right off the bottom ticking the bottom every 2 or 3 feet. that will get a responc from most any fish.
[signature]
I appreciate the response and advice. It has been somewhat helpful but I guess I was hoping for some specifics. I will try the shore technique that you mentioned. I imagine I am going to be doing allot of shore and canoe fishing so I am planing on allot of jigging and spinnerbaits but Im not sure whether or not this is the best approach.
[signature]
IF YOU HAVE A CANOE TRY BOTTOM BOUNCERS AND CRAWLER HARNESSES, ALSO DRIFT IN THE CANOE WITH LINDY RIGS FOR WALLEYES. CAST TOP WATER FOR MUSKY LIKE BUZZBAITS INTO SHORE COVER AND REAL THEM OUT WITH A ROD TIP TWITCH EVERY 3 OR 4TH REAL. YOUR GONA CATCH FISH.. IF YOU DO THIS STUFF ANYWHERE THEY SWIM.
[signature]
Good imformation Ken. Just beat the brush and you will catch your share of fish.
[signature]