Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Port Isabel 4/18/13
I got there bright and early this morning.It was a pretty, calm day.I got my reels rigged and waded in.I had one rigged with a gold spoon and the other a jig head with a rubber shrimp.I hooked a few spotted sea trout, an undersized 18" red fish and a ladyfish.I had a small piece of fish bites on the spoon.The fish were hitting it even when I was not reeling the bait.They finaly got it tore off. I made about five casts without fishbites on the spoon with no bites.Put another on and boom, they were nailing it again.Things slowed down and I moved to another spot with no success.I stopped for a lunch break .By the time I made it back to the first spot the wind had kicked up big time. The radio said it was only 30 mph. Bull corn. I could cast the spoon and the wind would blow it back to me. Needless to say I called it quits and went home.

FISH ON!
[signature]
You got to remember to take pic's for the contest! It would be great to see a Texas member walk away with the top Prize.
I love reading your posts. the pic's also show your great skills as an angler.
[signature]
I did take a pic I have not got it posted yet.When you get the pics developed from the tourny there should be 2 or 3 pics that can be used in the contest.
[signature]