Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New vise
Hello
I am looking to by a new vise, my old one was cheep and seems to be going out, any suggestions on my new up grade im looking to get?

thanks
[signature]
It really depends on how much you want to spend and what features you are looking for.

I went with Griffin and have not been disappointed. I got the Odyssey and have been impressed with the build quality.

If you are looking for a true rotary, I have a Griffin Spider that I am selling. I bought it from Cabellas and tied less than 30 flies with it. The only reason I went with the Odyssey was to get something with a cam jaw instead of a knob the Spider has and I got a killer price on it.

I would sell the Spider to you for $65. Normal retail is 79 plus tax. I can provide pictures it's in perfect shape and I still have all the original packaging.

Here is Griffin's website. http://www.griffinenterprisesinc.com/vises.html

The other vise I would recommend is the Renzetti Traveller. Sweet vise but a little more money.

Schlitz-
[signature]
Great functional vises. I have tied on a lot of stuff. I prefer the Griffin Montana Mongoose. I sold my Traveler when I got it. I tie everything from 4/0 to 32 on it with minimal adjustment. The Traveler is a fine vise, I think the mongoose is more durable and easier to use. You can find one for about the same price as a traveler.
[signature]
I agree with the Griffith. Although I am spoiled and started with the Renzetti and then up graded to the Vosseler...but again, I am spoiled[sly]
[signature]
Vosseler vise = the devil[sly]

The new Traveler looks like a vise a ninja would use. Pretty dang sweet.
[signature]