Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tying Help
Hello All, was wondering if there was anybody out there who could help me tie a Flashback Sow. I pick up a couple of these buggers last summer somewhere but I cant remember were though... Ive had pretty good success with them but Im down to my last fly.
[signature]
Looks like a Ray Charles. Probably my favorite Nymph. Cabelas use to sell them but they dont' anymore. Eddie Robinson's fly shop in Orem tied me some last spring. If you live near Orem that's where I'd go.
[signature]
I'm pretty sure that you can get those at Fish Tech or Western Rivers. GOod fly indeed!
[signature]
Tube Dud could correct me here, but it looks like TAN Ostrich with mylar flash back . He did ask HOW to make them. It looks like a scud hook but that is the best I can do on that.
[signature]
Yep. Tan or Grey ostrich. One thing that helps with durability is to put a microscopic layer of super glue down on the hook shank before you wrap the herl. Too much and you will goober up all of your herl.
[signature]
Ostrich Hair huh .. All have to give that a try Ive been trying to tie them with sow dubbing with no success Id like to learn to how to tie it since there kinda hard to find but knowing were to buy them is just as good Thanks guys & gals any additional info on tying is appreciated [Smile]
[signature]