Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
slow but stead
[Image: tfnicn13.gif]slow but stead
fishing report from south east michigan,

the bite has been slow, but steadely slow...

you have to work hard to get a mess of gills the past few days with the steady high preasure system that locked down on top of us...

I have been managing 10-15 gills or crappie per day, nothing special, just minnimum keepers...

some one on one of the neighboring lakes caught himself a chanel cat though the ice last week. woohoo.. would have liked that one my self, it was a good 25 incher with lots of girth his wife told me this morning... sorry I cant tell ya what lake it came from...

I will be back out every day now untill ice is gone. we have 10 inches... but remember there is no such thing as safe ice.....
[signature]
Nice sized cat ! I was just thinking on the way home that I haven't herd one muskey report at all .
Usually there is at least 2 or 3 pulled up by now .
[signature]
Wow , not ten minutes after posting that last message an freing called me up wanting to know how to icefish for one .
He's entering the edenville ice fishing derby this weekend .
[signature]
sorry, I mis-quoted the cat size, it was a 38 incher...

I would emagin that all you need is the location and a half dead shiner... and a whole lot of luck...

there is one guy I was talking to over the weekend, he was saying to take chicken liver and make a spawn bag and put on the bottom hook and about a foot above use a crappie rig wire and set a live shiner....

sounded to me like a plan, dont emagine you would have to worrie about turtles this time of year.... every time I hook up with chicken liver I get me a big o'l turtle...[laugh]
[signature]
Anything on that monster snapper in the lake last year ?
[signature]
no one has reported seeing him, but I sware I could smell him one day last summer....
[signature]