Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no luck
I just joined this site and this is what I've been looking for since purchasing a Mako 181 bay shore. I fish here on the Georgia Coast line, from the savannah river to the St. Caterine Island to Brunswick. I took the boat out three times this year and so far no luck. If there is someone who fish this area can I get some help on what should I be doing. From the bank down in Brunswick I was catching trouts when they were running, but now that I have the boat fishing is harder. Help Please
[signature]
Welcome aboard and thanks for the question. There may be some members on the GA board that are currently fish your area. You may want to post the same question over there.[cool]
[signature]
I fish out of Murrells Inlet, SC, so we pretty much have the same thing going on. I'll be honest with you, I don't even worry with fishing this time of year. Winter is a down time for me, I use it to do routine maintenance on the boats and gear, and to make any improvements I want to address based on the previous season. For one, the trout aren't around any more, unless you know a secret spot i've never heard about. I've heard reports of a few spot tails being caught around rock structure along the eastern seaboard, but nothing major. You might snag a few winter flounder too. Sheepshead fishing is OK around the rocks and inshore reefs as well. So, right now, all you've got to look foward to is Red Drum, Sheepshead, and the occasional flounder. You're limited by the size of your boat, just like me. LOL Mine is only a 21 footer, and she's good for about 20 miles out. Any further than that, and the ol' brown eye starts to pucker and the fun factor goes way down. In the warmer months, you'll find the boat to be plenty. King and spanish mackerel will be an obvious target. Blues, spadefish, and summer flounder and easy to target and very fun to catch inshore. Once you get the hang of it, you'll be glad you invested in the boat. If you plan on trolling, go ahead and invest in a good downrigger, you'll need it to really be successful. I recomend a Penn 600. [cool]
[signature]