Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Psst, may I have a word with you about the Weber
I'm all for promoting fishing but lately there's been a lot of combat fishing on the Weber. Hopefully it's just cabin fever and will soon pass. But just in case I would like to make everyone aware of the unspoken reporting guidelines to prevent provotazation of this river.
#1 There are no fish over 5 lbs in the Weber.
#2 In reporting #'s caught if it's under 16 inches it doesn't count.
#3 You only get to report and or show pictures of 1 fish per year over 22 inches even if you caught them on back to back cast.
#4 No hole on the Weber ever produces a dozen or more fish.
Let's face it the Weber is the ugly stepsister but at least she isn't anorexic and she's usually pretty easy.
[signature]
Great post RD.

Schlitz-
[signature]
[size 1]"promoting fishing but lately there's been a lot of combat fishing on the Weber."[/size]
[size 1]That is exactly why i don't have a problem posting about it. It is already combat fishing and even if more people fish it, they will have a hard time because there is no open spots. It's the weber dude. It is not some secret little spring creek.[Wink][/size]
[signature]
Don't ever take me too serious[Wink]. Yeah the Weber can take it. I snuck out to the Weber early yesterday morning before having the to hit the to do list. Never seen it so crowded. Walked a bit and got away from the crowds and had a fine time. [fishon][reply]
[signature]
If it wasn't already as bad as it is, i would keep a tight lip about success. Now a days, people are fed up with the provo and are looking elsewhere. You can have better days consistantly on the weber and therefore all the provo slammers migrate down to the weber. Don't you worry though, i have some secret spots that i will never post about. I don't take very much seriously btw.
On another note, even though it gets pounded, i did notice ALL the fish i saw caught WERE released and i think that is the general rule on that stretch. It is definately having an affect on the upper. The quality is much better than the lower.[Wink]
[signature]
Below echo isn't fishing as well as above but once they start letting some water out of echo this spring it'll almost certainly pick up. I bet there's plenty of lunkers left down below as well.
[signature]
I have never caught fish below echo any higher than Henefer. Croyden is about as far as i have caught fish and in the boulders right there in the canyon.[Wink]
[signature]