Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quantum Accurist
i posted a recent thread about trying to decide on a reel. well, i just got back from academy and after looking at a few reels a guy showed me this quantum accurist that was regular $95 on sale for $40. i messed around with it a little and i like the way it feels. anyone have any input on the longevity of these reels? sounds like a good deal just don't want something that's going to last me 6 months. i'm pretty much a weekend fisher so i'm not going to be using it every day.thanks
[signature]
As long as you don't use it every day, it should give you some good service. I have some that I used every day and broke after 4 months.

I have othes that I used only 5 trips a month and lasted well over 5 years. It all depends on how you are using them and how you take care of them.[cool]
[signature]
Like mentioned previously, if you're going to spool it with super braid and target over sized fish, it won't last long. If you use it "as directed," you'll be in business. Good price too. I'd jump on it. [cool]
[signature]
i'm usually out for reds and trout so i won't be using them for anything too big. infact i'll most likely use my curado as my redfish reel and rig these new ones up for trout. i gotta say i am very impressed with this reel after stringing it up and giving it a few cast. makes me second guess this big curado bang that everyone is on. thanks for the input everyone.
[signature]