Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Korkers boot review... Beware of this product
For those of you who are interested in gear, here is a "product" review on Korkers boots and customer service.

There are better things to be had with $125.

http://utahcutthroat.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the input Bry.
[signature]
My experience with them is totally opposite. I love my Korkers! However, I went to the company web page and I cant see the model I own.
The model I see as the failing model looks to have a knob of some sort to secure the sole. Mine is a strap that goes through a guide and then comes back down on itself and secures with velcro.
Had them for quite a while.
I've mostly use them in the river, but have hit several trails with them as well. They have held up great and still look somewhat new to me. However...I have been blamed for taking care of my equipment a little too good sometimes.
Sorry you had a bad experience with them.
Personally, I would buy another pair or two, without question.
[signature]
That's good to hear. Form the sounds of it, you better hope you never have issues with them! Smile

Just out of curiosity, how many days per year are you putting on them?
[signature]
I like hearing the good reports from hands on. I have heard that when you squat, the soles would pop out, but that was about it.
[signature]
I must have the same model as rgreenland; and I can't say enough GOOD about the pair I have. They are by far the most comfortable wader boots I have used. The studded felt soles are fantastic in very slick conditions but I end up using the "hiker" sole about 90% of the time. I originally bought them from James before Hooked closed and have averaged about 2 days/week in them without any issues and therefore have not had to experience their customer service yet.
[signature]
i use my korkers alot and have desided to go with patagonia's i have the korkers guides with the velcro strap and they have been garbage. after 4 mounths the souls started to fall out every trip. each time i took a weird step the soul would pop, now they fall out at random and it's super frustrating to fix my boots 10 times a day. and after 1 year of owning them the seems are unraveling and the boots are falling apart, but i use them alot and they are used mostly in hard wading rivers. i have never owned a good pair of wading boots i might just have to buy cheapo's and buy new ones every 4 mounths[pirate]
i have lost and replaced 2 sets of souls because they have disappeared into the snow
[signature]
I think the sign very cleary stated "NO SQUATTING IN OR ALONG THE RIVER CORRIDOR ."
[signature]