Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ogden
Fished the Ogden River yesterday (3/27) and caught quite a few using basic nymphs such as hare's ears and pheasant tails. I was hoping and waiting for a midge hatch, but it never seemed to quite get going.

It looks as if the spring run off has begun. It wasn't too bad, but the water clarity wasn't the best.

I also took a drive up to the South Fork and didn't even get out of my car due to the high muddy conditions of the river.
[signature]
How high was the water? I fished the Odgen last weekend and also did well with the basic nymphs that you described.

Thanks
[signature]
The water was still very low, just off colored.
[signature]
Thank you for the response. I will probably try to hit it again this weekend.
[signature]
I'm thinking about hitting the Ogden today, I'm not real familiar with that water. Where are a couple of good spots to try?
[signature]
It is difficult to choose a poor spot to fish on the Ogden River due to the high number of fish in the stream throughout the canyon. Just find a place to pull over and start fishing. Due to the low water this time of year, be sure to focus on the deeper holes and runs (the fish seem to congregate in the deeper areas). Also, there is some private property throughout the canyon so be sure to avoid areas that are posted.

Good luck!
[signature]