Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
good fly fishing waters
This may be a very stupid question but what are the really good waters to fly fish on around here or does it not matter? Also what kinds of fish do you catch in doing this?

Thanks in advance
Rachael
[signature]
This should give you everything you need..

http://www.wildlife.utah.gov/blueribbon/map.pdf

The Utah DWR site is loaded with good information.

Schlitz-
[signature]
Welcome, more women, this is great!

Here in Utah, you have the warm water species like Bass, Bluegill, Crappie, Perch, there is also Trout, like Brookie, Tiger, Rainbow, Albino, Golden, Kamloop, and brown. Also there are Tiger Musky, Walleye and Wipers.
Don't forget the Carp, Chub and Catfish.

Probably a few more I forgot, but gives you an idea.

Do you live here?
[signature]
[reply]
Welcome, more women, this is great!

[#ff0000]Here in Utah[/#ff0000], you have the warm water species like Bass, Bluegill, Crappie, Perch, there is also Trout, like Brookie, Tiger, Rainbow, Albino, [#ff0000]Golden[/#ff0000], Kamloop, and [#000000]brown[/#000000]. Also there are Tiger Musky, Walleye and Wipers.
Don't forget the Carp, Chub and Catfish.

Probably a few more I forgot, but gives you an idea.

Do you live here? [/reply]
Are you absolutely sure about that?
[signature]
YUP! Not allot, but we have them. Higher elevations.
[signature]
I think Echo Lake is one of the few lakes (if not only) that still have golden trout in Utah. Haven't been up there in at least 3 years. Does anyone know if they are still there?
[signature]
Echo? Really, I don't know about that one, but my old man caught a small one up in the Uinta's a few years ago.
[signature]
Yes, Echo Lake has Golden Trout. I've caught them there...fairly recently. However, it's not the large Echo Lake that is on the way to Evanston, rather it's a small Uinta lake located in Murdock Basin.
[signature]
Gotcha, I know they are in the Uinta's. I just have to think outside the NORMAL box LOL
[signature]
The one in Murdock basin is Echo Lake. Where they damned the Weber is Echo Reservoir.
[signature]
They are in a drainage near s&morehouse too.[Wink]
[signature]
At any rate, yes there are Golden in them there hills[laugh]
[signature]
wind rivers too..[Smile]
[signature]
MH,
Last I looked the Wind Rivers where in Wyoming. But not a bad idea maybe we should annex them and a few other areas to Utah so we don't have to get another fishing license[Wink]. Just kidding Wyoming friends[Tongue]
[signature]