Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moab in April
Anyone have any experience fishing Moab? I understand theres some lakes in the upper La Sal mountains that have trout. I'll be out in southeastern Utah from mid to late April camping and am dying to do some fly fishing. Any suggestions on lakes, rivers creeks would be greatly appreciated. Doesn't have to be trout either, I tear up bass on flies back east. The reason I mention Moab is that I will probably be there for about a week, but I'll be moving around after that. Fly suggestions? Cool camping areas? Ideas on what the weather may possibly be like? Any info is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris
[signature]
Haven't you heard Moab is a desert[Tongue]. The Lasals will probable have too much snow in late april to get up to any of the lakes yet. There are a couple reservoirs in the vacinity that should be fishable. Recapture is a bit south down by Blanding. Mill Creek runs out of the Lasals down into town. Has trout but not sure where the best fishing is that time of year or even if it will be fishable due to runoff. I'd suggest enjoying the hiking, mtn biking and rafting on the Colorado as the weather should be warm 75-80 during the day. Certainly won't be the best flyfishing.
[signature]
Check your PMs.

lurechucker
[signature]