Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TAWAS WALLEYE
The featured county for this weeks Fish and Game Hall of Fame was originally inhabited by the Sauk Indians in the 1600’s. The County is in the eastern middle part of the state, and is bounded on the north by Bay county, on the east by Tuscola county, on the south by Shiawassee county, and on the west by Gratiot county. It’s Saginaw County, and is divided by the Saginaw river which runs in a north-easterly direction into Saginaw Bay.

One of Saginaw County’s big attractions is Frankenmuth, the Christmas Capital of the World, even though it’s located in southeastern Saginaw County. Frankenmuth has many festivals year-round, including the World Expo of Beer featuring breweries from around the world. The area has had several breweries over the years. One was the Geyer Brothers Brewery that made a 1939-1940 Pre-World War 2 beer bottle label that had the German slogan, "Ist Gut Für Sie," which means, "It's good for you." During the war, the government told the brewery that the German writing had to be taken off the label. The Geyer family, being traditional frugal Germans, couldn't see wasting the labels, so they "X'd" out the slogan and continued to use the same labels. Then, the government said they didn't want old glory on the chest of what was considered a "German Eagle", so the brewery had to remove it from the label.

Saginaw County contains nine hundred square miles of great fishing and hunting, as you can see this week’s fish and game hall of fame.
[signature]
[font "Arial, Helvetica"][#990000][font "Arial"][#000000]

At Tawas, off of the break walls whitefish has been fair to good. [/#000000][/font][/#990000][/font]
[signature]
thanks, some one had asked me about a week ago when I thought the fall white fish run was going to start.

all I have to do know is remeber who it was that asked me.....[blush]
[signature]