Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MADE IN USA REELS, PLEASE?
I want a MADE IN USA Trolling Reel. Does anyone know of a manufacturer or seller? I have had it with the foreign junk, poor drag, backlash, and breakage. This does it, I will commit to only USA stuff. Ardent Reels makes 100% Made in USA Casters and Spinniners, but not trolling reels.[mad]

Thanks, anyone.
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"]That’s a pretty tall order to fill now days in this world of outsourcing. Unfortunately most of the reels that are made in USA are Saltwater Big Game reels nevertheless, here are a few that come to mind. The Avet SX series (if money is no object), and the PENN 9m and 209m. Some PENN Reels however; are only assembled in the USA. The 9m and 209m are both made in the USA and both are for trolling as they were originally designed for the Great Lakes region. I'm not sure of any other inland trolling reels off the top of my head.[/font]
[signature]
I baught me an Ardent XS1000 Baitcasting reel, and it is 100% Made in USA.

I will take a serous look at the Avet and Penn models you recommended. I may be a bit fanatical, but they have to be 100% made here. I am leaving nothing to chance anymore, and I will spend my money on quality that will last.

Why should everything be foreign nowdays? I want to know that at least my fishing equipment was here. I will be able to enjoy fishing even more.

Thanks for your suggestions.[Smile]
[signature]
I am sorry to anounce that the PENN 9M and 209M Levelwind trolling reels, as well as all their other models are no longer domestically produced.[frown] I found out that in 2006, PENN made a decision to transfer all production to China and they had considerable layoffs [frown] from their US places[frown]. They say they cannot compete unless they do this. The 9M and 209M before 2006 were produced and assembled here.

Avet SX series is still made here, in California. Lets just see how long this lasts. Hopefully forever. The Avets look impressive but I will have to read some reviews and talk to people who have used them. Have you ever used one of thier SX series models.? Thanks
[signature]
[quote line_dangler]I will spend my money on quality that will last. Why should everything be foreign nowdays? I want to know that at least my fishing equipment was here. I will be able to enjoy fishing even more. Thanks for your suggestions.[Smile][/quote]

I got a disagree with you there Quality comes down to the Manufacture not the place were it made.
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#000000]I too agree that quality depends on the manufacturer. But the workers are very much what make the manufacturer. Better educated, skilled, and experienced American tackle workers produce better quality. Many of them are fisherfolk themselves so they know what makes a difference. Foreign products are made mostly by hundreds/thousands of workers that have been taught to just perform one task thousands of times daily. There is nothing a manufacturer can do to change that. [/#000000][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][#000000][/#000000][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][#000000]It has nothing to do with one group of people being better than another. US workers and manufacturers use better materials too, which are purer and stronger. In order for foreign manufacturing to be cheaper, the craftsmanship and materials lack in best quality. [/#000000][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]But, it is probably better to say this is my opinion and I prefer this. That is how I think about it. [/font]
[signature]
Accurate reels are made in the US and are top of the line, but cost.
[signature]