Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
thanks tubedude!!!!!!!!!
[Wink] thanks sooo much for the jigs/jigheads/feathers/plastics... i sorted them out for arron and i... i like the patterns... i want to soo learn the way and start to wrap my own stuff like you.. thanks again.!!!!!!

-chris
[signature]
[cool]I've got that stuff all trained. Don't teach it any bad habits.

I know money is tight, but when you guys get ready to start doing some of your own stuff, I will give as much help as I can. It's really great to be able to crank out some things you can't buy anywhere, but that the fishies like. Those glitter head jigs are one thing I think you will really appreciate.

The Roadrunners and some of the other dressed jigs are designed to be fished with a piece of bait...worms, shrimp, fish meat, squid...whatever you got. You can cast them, vertical jig them or just bounce them along the bottom behind you as you kick along in the water. If you do that, only let out enough line to get the jig to touch the bottom. Too much line and you will drag the jigs into snags more. Learn to do the "shivver lift"...raising the rod slowly as you wiggle the tip. then drop the jig back down on a semi tight line. Set the hook if the jig stops before it should hit the bottom.

That stuff should work in both salt and fresh. The spinners will get you some of those dumb planter trout. Let me know if you have any questions on how to use any of those goodies. Good luck.

Read the two attachments...on bait bugs...at the bottom.
[signature]