Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crappies
[Smile] Ive heard of several reports on crappies and sunfish ! They are in the back bays where the water is around 48 - 53 degrees. Try fishing Rush, Star, Silver, little Detroit, Little Cormrant, Murphy and Lida. These are just some of the lakes I've heard from the west central part of the state !

Flagmanonice........................
[signature]
Thanks Flagman... but no clue where them lakes are or how to get to them. Heh, before I fish anything like that I best upgrade to 4 or 6 lb line. This 2 lb line I've got on my lightweight setup breaks too easily. I am learning to be careful when tying knots though. Heh, took me about ten ties before I didn't break the line.
[signature]
[cool] Just got back from my first boat trip of the year , what a great day out, alittle brezzy , but nice temp ! My 5 yr old boy Jake and I , met up Ted , a friend of mine and his 5 yr old daughter Emmy , on a lake by Detroit Lakes.. Jake and I boated 23 crappies, and Teds boat boated 9 (he came out later ). My 5 yr old took over the reins and taught me how to fish ! He baited my hook, took my fish off, and casted my line out !! I felt like a cripple !!!! lol .. But letting him do that was the best thing I could of done, He felt like he took dad fishing, and the look in his face when he said '' TOLD YA SO !! '' everytime we caught a fish, can never be matched.. Well, enough of the important stuff, lets get to the details !! . We were fishing back in a bay, in 3-5 ft of water, the water temp went from 58 to 61 degrees. we caught the fish under a bobber using a ice fishing hook with a minnow or maggot. we caught a couple on maggots, but most on a crappie minnow !. We did catch several hand size sunfish, but threw them back cause dad did'nt want to be cleaning fish all nite ! The crappies were between 10 -13 inches, nice eaters ! Maybe will get out this weekend with my daughters, I'll keep in touch !!

Flagmanonice..........can we go home Jake ??? dad has to work tommorro !!!
[signature]