Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Erie report
Here's my latest fishing report. I usually charge for it but this seems like a friendly group. You can catch my weekly reports at [url "http://www.eriecaptain.com"]www.eriecaptain.com[/url].

Muddy water has slowed walleye fishing around the reef complex off the Davis Besse power plant, but walleyes are still being caught there with jigs and minnows and blades.

We're at that time of spring when most fishing methods are producing. Trollers are getting a few eyes between South Bass and Middle Island. But so are the drifters, using worm harnesses and nightcrawlers. This location will be a top spot by mid-May.

A few fish are being taken in the flats areas from Green Island north to Northwest Reef. A few fishermen report fish stacked up between Starve Island and the red buoy, a mile to the south. But no takers yet. Keep an eye on this spot. Walleyes are caught there every spring.

Perch are biting less than a mile off the Vermilion River. This will be a hot perch spot for weeks yet. Nice catches of perch are being reported at Marblehead, too. Look for perch fishing to pick up a mile or so east of Kelleys Island.

Capt. Tony Denslow

Mega Bites Charters

Not much to report on smallmouth but spawning time is approaching and the action will be hot and heavy in 10-15 feet of water around the islands and between Vermilion and Huron. Bucktail jigs and minnows will be top fare.
[signature]
Thanks for the info Captain. Your generosity shall be your best reward in the future. -that may be from a fortune cookie. If it's not, someone put it in one.

Keep the reports coming!
[signature]
I miss the Erie Report. Are there any updates?
[signature]
captlad, at last we are begining to get information on this message board. Wish I could be up on the lake with you.
[signature]
thanks captlad !
i used to fish the western end of the lake when i lived just below detroit , sure do miss fishing for them eyes out of breast bay . have you ever been up in the trenton channel for them ? i've cought some monsters in there . sure is great to see another angler who can bring a little bit of home to a land locked fisherman like me ! i've got oddles of puddles to fish in around here , but there's nothing like seeing the sun come up over nothing but open water as far as you can see !
thanks !
[signature]