Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Western Lake Erie report
[font "Arial"][size 2]I took a crew From Minnesota fishing that did not want quantity, and only wanted a couple of big fish.
I took them to the north side of Kelly's Island and vertical Jig fished 37 ft of water. The Jigs were tipped with Minnows.
We had Little or no wind that day or vertical Jig fishing this depth would have been impossible.
Scott Hillman landed a nice 30 inch Walleye and Tim Rahill a 29.5 Walleye. Good job guys! We ended up with 8 more smaller ones.
All the reefs are still doing well as long as the water isn't muddy. They are also taking night crawls now.
The spawn is about over and soon we will be casting the "Weapon" and Weight Forward spinners.(Erie Dearies)
[/size][/font]
[signature]
What's the "weapon" ????????????????????
[signature]
Eric, Go to my web site. It is on there with instructions to make and use it.

http://www.lake-erie-fishing.com
[signature]
Ah, yes. I have many of these rigs all ready to go. I like using circle hooks with them. I have also used some of my kids glow-in-the-dark beads on some of them this year. We'll have to see how that turns out.

Thanks again.
[signature]
Thanks for all your reports on our message board. I don't get out on Erie as much as I used to, but really enjoy the times that I do. Supposed to get up off of Lorain next weekend if the weather holds. Buddies have been limiting out on 12"+ perch and some bonus 'eyes and steel in the process.
[signature]