Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Poll) Do you believe in Bigfoot??
Been a thread on this topic existing for a good month or so.. Wonder how many believe... Or don't.
[signature]
I like being able to give it the intoxicating vote. While I don't drink much, thats what it would take for me to consider it. OK, that may not even do it. But I am hoping to see the little green men show there little faces for the new camera we just landed. LOL
[signature]
That new camera on mars.. is one expensive shovel!!
[signature]
Do you think they will find anything?
[signature]
If they can get the shovel to work [laugh].. They will definitely find some dirt.
I guess they are hoping for ice.. all their gonna find in my opinion is billion dollar dirt..
[signature]
[#000000]It cost around $420 million for that Mars lander to go to Mars. It is about 422 million miles one way. That is about $1 per mile - not too bad if it accomplishes something in addition to improving the ratio of successful vs. crash landings on Mars.

But, like you point out, thats still quite a chunk of change just to dig a hole for a small shovel full of dirt if they are unable to find out anything that they don't already know.

I didn't take the Bigfoot poll because I don't see an appropriate option listed. My thought is this: I do not believe, but I could, if someone actually finds one dead or captures one alive and it can be unambiguously proven to be something other than a practical joker in a costume, or the product of an over-active imagination, or induced by the influence of consuming some trendy chemical amusement indulgence.

Here is a cool YouTube video of a very funny practical joke
[/#000000][url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkVlr21pRbY"][#000000]LINK
[/#000000][/url]
I believe in Big Hand. LMAO![:p]
That is a 20" bass I'm holding. (released unharmed)

[inline Utahlakebruiser.jpg]
As far as Bigfoot goes...he/she has the life. Imagine a life where your goals are to provide food and shelter for your family, nothing else matters. No work, no school, no masters degree, no government, no gas money....
[signature]
I marked "yes", even though that's not entirely true. My issue is more hope, than anything. Evidence so far is still shaky, and can be disproven readily... but I've always figured there's some fact behind every myth (unicorns were actually one-horned goats, mermaids are manatees...maybe bigfoot is just some rare US ape going extinct? There's lots of land to hide in, up in those Pacific forests!)
[signature]
With hands like that.. I think you have a little bigfoot in you yourself! Where is your tribe/herd.. we wanna see em, then we'll believe!
Looks like you have a diet of fish, as long as they are bigger than 20 inches anything less is obviously too small and needs to be thrown back!
[laugh]
[signature]
Kind of like religion..[cool]

FF462
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Absolutely NO irrefutable evidence. Not even any semi acceptable evidence. All a bunch of hysteria and wishful thinking.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Kinda like marriage. The woman believes she can change the man...and the man doesn't think the woman will ever change. Both wrong.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[:p][#0060bf] I'd rather stay intoxicated and, in that state, I couldn't care less if there is a Big Foot![pirate][/#0060bf]
[signature]
I adamntly and firmly hold the position that Bigfoot (Sasquatch) is real. There is no question about it. The evidence is overwhelmingly indicative of an undiscovered (officially) ape in North America.

I can't just pass this subject of as unworthy of attention. There are some experts and scientists who have dovoted their lives and careers to finding answers. To me, this is no joke. These are rational professionals who know the difference between fakes and possible evidence. I am not about to second quess them.

Belief is not the proper term here. One can believe in anything one wishes. Evidence is different. I can't just believe in it, it must be there. And evidence for Sasquatch is here, it is real, and unquestionable, unlike belief.

Sasquatch is real, and I always carry some means of preserving and taking evidence when I plan to hike or camp.
[signature]
I have to admit. Some of the recent "Scientific" evidence is pretty convincing. I saw one on some dna they did on some hair samples..

There are a couple professors that have reached tenure now at some universities.. I can't remember which ones.. that now they are turning their focus on chasing bigfoot. We shall see. seems like in the last 5 years or so, they have figured out stuff that never before was known in all the decades of people chasing the hairy guy.
[signature]
Yes, you are right. One of the bravest and most respected is Dr. Jeff Meldrum at Idaho State University. He has gone beyond his way to research Sasquatch.

Dr. Meldrum is gaining more collegues and approval as the years go by. He has been on a few of the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization's expeditions and does not care about those who ridicule him. He is seeking to find an answer to unexplained footprints, sightings, and other evidence.

Again, I will recommend to anyone interested his book:
Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science. The book explains many things, including why Sasquatch is so hard to actually find, film, and photograph.

If anyone is to debate or criticize the existence of Sasquatch, this book must be read. One of the biggest problems of this subject is that people will just be closed-minded and just pass this off as nonsense, without actually examining the evidence so that they have something to argue against. It is no coincidence that after proper examination, many "non-believers" and "skeptics" turn around. This included scientists.

Every scientist who has gone to visit Dr. Meldrum's lab has left convinced of the existence of Sasquatch, which includes people who have ridiculed him before.

Well, it would no be fair to list any more info in Dr. Meldrum's book, if someone wants more, and everyone should be hungry for more, just buy his book and read it. Their is nothing you will loose, except a well spent $15, that may very well settle the issue of Sasquatch for the rest of your life.[Smile]
[signature]
Bigfoot = Man in gorilla suit [cool]
[signature]
[quote HookJaw_Brimhall]Bigfoot = Man in gorilla suit [cool][/quote]

Nah....That's not Bigfoot. It's Petty4life, and that's not a gorilla suit either!
[signature]
"If anyone is to debate or criticize the existence of Sasquatch, this book must be read. One of the biggest problems of this subject is that people will just be closed-minded and just pass this off as nonsense, without actually examining the evidence so that they have something to argue against. It is no coincidence that after proper examination, many "non-believers" and "skeptics" turn around. This included scientists."

I am justing waiting for one person to find one dead. I can't imagine wasting my life looking for something that
doesn't exist.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I'm with ya on that. Virtually all creatures that have ever existed have left "remains". And, for an animal to remain in existence for any length of time, they have to have a viable breeding population...not just one animal here and another there. In short, there always has to be far more of them then we see...and with any numbers there would have to be more concrete "evidence" of their existence.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I lived in northern California for several years and spent a lot of time hiking, fishing and gold prospecting in "Bigfoot country". Saw lots of bears, mountain lions, deer and other wildlife, but never a single solitary bit of evidence of anything out of the ordinary. And, at the annual "Bigfoot Days"...on the Klamath River...the overall tone is "Big joke on the rest of the world" rather than a celebration of an actual living creature.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Sure, there are folks who come out of the back country with glazed eyes and wild tales of seeing something "big and hairy". But the glazed eyes are often the result of smoking the stuff they grow in the remote areas of those hills.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]In studying world cultures, religions, folklore and legends it is always amazing to me how a race as (supposedly) advanced and intelligent as humans can grasp abstract concepts and turn them into an obsession. Pretty soon the mind obscures all reasonable evidence to the contrary of what one believes and one's passions for this newfound belief defy all logic.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I was schooled in the "scientific" approach to analysis and problem solving. To examine all available evidence and then to make a preliminary conclusion...based upon EVIDENCE...but to keep an open mind for any new evidence that suggested a different potential conclusion. So far, I have seen, heard or read nothing that would remotely suggest that there is a living creature like Bigfoot.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]What I have heard, read and seen is a whole lot of folks who WANT TO BELIEVE that there is "SOMETHING" out there. I can't understand why people want to delude themselves so badly, but that is their right. I just object to having them slam me up against a wall and suggest that because I do not share their beliefs that I am somehow defective.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I am very open minded, and I would be the first to admit I was wrong if a live bigfoot or a carcass was actually produced. But, in the meantime, I would rather go fishing for REAL fish and leave the UFO's, bigfeets, poltergeists, ghosts and goblins to folks who need that mystery in their lives. [/#0000ff]
[signature]
I have seen female bigfoots breast feeding their young and even smoking cigars.

TubeDude you need more of an open mind to the Bigfoot controversy. But sorry I have no photos to proove anything I state herein.

I remember seeing Bigfoot at Willard Bay jet skiing. And another time I had to give Bigfoot a piggy-back ride up the dike at Willard Bay. Oddly enough it got mad at me and threw bananas at me so I ran back down the dike and went to the north marina. No one would have believed me.

As I have said in other post, never was a good stand-up comedian[cool]
[signature]