Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orvis Helios
Anyone tried the new Orvis Helios rods??? I just got back from a flyfishing trip in the Cape Cod area and they raved about the new rods, you would have thought they invented sliced bread or something.... I have always been a Sage fan but I am always looking for something new, so any reviews would be appreciated... AJ
[signature]
Haven't tried one yet but sounds like a better invention than sliced bread. They use the same composites in the helios as the T3 I think. Since these composites are so strong they decided to make an extremely lightweight rod out of them. It's my next rod I plan on purchasing but since they are almost $800 and I don't really need another rod it won't be this summer.
[signature]
Not sure how much of the T3 is in the Helios. A brand new batch of people put this one out with the Zero being kind of an introduction.
I have cast one and YES I will eventually get one, if I can just stay out of the Winston section of the store long enough LOL
[signature]
You're right, I meant to say the same composites as used in the Zero Gravity rods. FGD are you sure you don't have a handful of Helios rods sitting around gather dust that you're looking to get rid of at half price . If so give me a call[Wink] before posting.
[signature]
I wished! Like I said, I got the "W" bug. I really want that Helios however.
They are soooo light it is relaxing casting anything. And a flick of the hand can launch the line (of course line makes a BIG difference with any rod)
[signature]