Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ohio Carping?
Does anyone else out there enjoy to carp fish, either in Ohio or anywhere else? I'm just personally getting started in the fantastic sport, and I'm hooked! Making all sorts of different baits (boilies, pack baits, etc), and they have been catching fish.
[signature]
I have fished for them giant gold fish for 35 years. they are a lot of fun to catch and good for the garden as well.

I use shrddded wheat for bait
[signature]
If you want to hook in to a monster gold fish run over to Indian Lake. I have caught some great indian corn fertilizer there for years. You can fertilize a 30 foot row of corn from one of the monsters over there. They are a blast to catch too.

If you want to know more about them monster carp up at Indian Lake, Just ask Windy. She has a great story that she has been telling for about 40 years now!
[signature]
Indian is only about an hour drive for me. Are there many good carping holes with public bank access in that area? Thanks.
[signature]
It has been about 5 years since my last trip up there. You might want to check out the Indian Point area. That is the area that I always found open areas that wher verry productive for the monster carp durring the day and some nice channelcat at night.
I always used a Wheeties and beef liver blend that was bound with cotten to make my bait.
[signature]
[center][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=25822"][Image: winner.gif][/url][/center]HEY THERE TPET96, I HAVE NEVER CAUGHT A CARP INTENTIONALLY ONLY BY ACCIDENT BUT IT IS REALLY NICE WHEN YOU HOOK INTO A LUNKER THEY SURE PUT UP A GOOD FIGHT.
MY BROTHER AND I LIKE TO USE CARP MEAT FOR CATFISHIN. YOU CAN NEVER GO WRONG DANGLING THAT IN FRONT OF A FISHES NOSE.

GOOD CARPING TO YA.
WHO EVER SAID CARP ISN'T A GAME FISH?
[size 1]I went out trout fishing yesterday morning and hooked in to this polish trout. (Carp)

41 pounds 14 ounces 36 inches in lenth.

sorry I could not get me and the fish in the pic. two fat hogs just wont fit in a picture the picture frame...

I caught this with a fly and a cernal of corn. the fly is still in his mouth. sorry for the battle wounds, He hit a few obsticles on the way in. one hour and 7 minutes to land on an elleven pound test line... [/size] [center][url "http://web.ecomplanet.com/MESS3307/ServerContent/MyCustomImages/MESS3307CustomImage2924119.jpg"][size 1][Image: MESS3307CustomImage2939313.jpg][/size][/url][/center] [center]click on pic to see larger veiw[/center] [center]This carp was caught may 10th 2003 around 7 am[/center]
[signature]
Nice, real nice Dave! It is just about planting time up there isen't it?
[signature]
that fish has three pumpkin seeds with its name on it. I planted the fish yesterday right after the pic. then in the house I started is a cup tree alaskan giant pumpkin seeds to transfer out in a week or so when they comes up.

I have every thing else in already tomatos wax beens pole beens peppers coliflower and brocklie. all planted on top of winter catches. when I turned every thing over a few weeks ago I did not see one fish bone from last year.

lone hunter qued me in on this one being eligable for the master angler award for michigan. it needed to be at least 30 inches for minimum entry. last year 30 inches carp was tops for oakland county.

48 inches for the state

I have seen bigger where I fish.

any one know where I can enter a million dollar carp turny? [font "Monotype Corsiva"][size 4]L[sly]L[/size][/font]
[signature]
ssor, you should know a lot aboout carp fishing. You have been catching them since you were a wee thing. I don't go for carp but they like me or at least my bait. I enjoy the fact the fact that they like to grab bait and run. It is a real challenge to land a big one. Of course after high water you can find them in standing pools at Indian Lake. Some 40 years ago two nice carp came out of one of those pools when nothing else would bite. I nrmally throw them back but one little boy wanted to take them home. They were so large we had to fold them to get them in a large cooler. I refuse to clean the mud vein out so I tryed to figure out how I would get out of cleaning them. When we reached the farm where we lived, I noticed an ear of Indian Corn left over from the last fall. I talked that little boy into planting the corn indian style with a chunk of carp in each hill. Over seven bushels of corn at harvest time taught me to use carp to get a good yield. I still go carp fishing in the spring to get carp to help the corn grow. You have all metioned Indian Lake. That was the location of the story. However there is some really good carp fishing at Clarence J Brown Reservoir. On the North side off of Ohio State route 4, I have caught some that were well over 10 pounds. There are also good bass spots, Channel Cat, and walleye in the lake at the State Park. For those from the Dayton area it isn't far for good fishing. I should have answered this post sooner but I have been a bit busy between rains here on our present farm.
[signature]
[center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=117;][/center][center]I caught these three last week, all three were 30 inches in lenth, and I caught all of them with in 45 minutes of each other. I did have to sit there all day before they started biteing, lol but when they did I spent more time realing in than I did waiting for a bite.[/center]
[signature]
I CAN HEAR DAVE NOW !

CUP O' COFFEE AND A DUNKIN' DONUT , THE SKINNY GUY IS PAYING FER IT !

LOL !
[signature]