Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hello and some advice perhaps?
first a brief introduction. i am us military stationed around Kaiserslautern. i have fished every where i have been stationed over seas so far (ie South Korea and Japan( and would like to get some fishing done here in germany. i have heard conflicting reports about the liscense. on one hand i hear military that came to germany on orders are exempt from the fee, and i have also heard the exact opposite, this comming from the rod and gun club individuals on both accounts. pretty much, where can i go, what can i fish for (i catch and release only) and what to use. i fish the western us and flyfish, spin fish, the whole nine yards. im even content with tossing a worm and bobber. i heard a rumor that the Rathhaus is the place to go to find info on this, but i have been there and have found no answers. any clarification on this, and any help is greatly appreciated! thanks!
[signature]
[#000000]Hi[/#000000]
[#000000]You need two documents: [/#000000]
[#000000]fishing license called a Fishereischein [/#000000]
[#000000]and a permit called a Tageskarte. [/#000000]
[#000000]The fishing license confirms you have attended and passed a fishing course and exam. [/#000000]
[#000000]The permit is a document purchased to fish a specified body of water for a specified period of time. (eg Club Day/Week ticket) [/#000000]

[#000000]Germans must take a 30-hour course to get the license. This course is a study of fishing regulations, habitat and biology and ends in an exam. [/#000000]
[#000000]One would have to have a good usage of the German language to complete it. [/#000000]

[#000000]Tourists have an alternative to going through the course and exam. This is obtaining a visitor’s license called a Besucher-Fishereischein. [/#000000]
[#000000]The tourist anglers present a valid fishing license from their home country accompanied by an official German translation of the license to the Kreisverwaltung or Ordnungsamt, which can be found in the local city hall Rathaus. [/#000000]
[#000000]The license translation must carry the seal of the translation agency or notary public. [/#000000]
[#000000]One must also present identification ... passport ... driver’s license and a passport photo to go on the new license card. [/#000000]
[#000000]No course or exam is necessary. [/#000000]
This lasts for 3 months and then must be renewed.[signature]
thats the exact answer i was looking for! thanks so much. now i know what to do. how about this one: where do i find info about where to fish, ie specific bodies of water? thanks again for your help!
[signature]
I would start with a local tackle shop. They usually have brochures from local managed waters, and also possibly sell the local club membership tickets.

In the past I used the German language angling magazines to find the shops in a nearby town to get started, and that worked ok for me.
After I found the local anglers, they told me about an even nearer tackle shop that wasnt in the magazine.
[signature]