Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Ray Roberts guide report
Depending on where you are on the lake, you can find fish in all three stages of spring spawn. Pre-spawn, post-spawn, and spawn, are happening in different areas of the lake, as we speak. I am targeting mostly post spawners, I am fishing way back in the major creeks and rivers, just off flats, and creek bends close to shore. Early in the morning I am using a Buzz Bait, and a Spinner Bait, both with a chartreuse and white skirt, from patriotlures.com. After the sun gets above the horizon a little, I am switching to a fluke or a bummer worm from bigbagbaits.com. Color does not seem to matter as much as presentation. You have got to put the bait right next to the cover (lay downs and trees) or fish it very, very slow over the hydrilla. All most a dead stick presentation. The grass is in almost all parts of the lake and should be easy to find, even for the newest of anglers.

Bret Banard and I boated some nice sandies yesterday and some bass. We kept a few sandies for the table and released the rest for another day. We boated about 75 sandies in a little over an hour. They are stacked up in 25 to 35ft around humps and ridges on the main lake. You will see them on the shore from time to time with the shad (which are spawning) but these fish are not as consistent as the deep fish.

Till next time

Good Fishing & GOD Bless

www.puddlesfish.com
817-563-6674 hm
817-729-6051 cell
Nice report.Post spawners was always hard for me to get on.I always had better luck catching those big fat pre spawners and spawners.I guess I was just better at finding those.

Good luck
[signature]