Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rainbow Trout
[size 1]In an effort to help each other get on the fish, we will be adding a series of posts entitled by the type of fishing we are targeting and would like all users who wish to include their "favorite way to catch these fish", "favorite spots" (doesn't have to be exact), "favorite guides for these fish", "tackle tips", "recommended tackle", "beginner tips", "boating techniques" or any other information you feel would be helpful to other anglers targeting this type of fish.[/size]
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
I like to use blood worms suspended below another fly like a parachute adams or something, and fish at kolob reservoir here in Utah.
[signature]
[center][url "http://web.ecomplanet.com/MESS6438/ServerContent/MyCustomImages/MESS6438CustomImage1074633.jpg"][Image: MESS6438CustomImage1074633.jpg][/url][/center][center]trying to find a secluded spot in a metropoliton area may be difficult, but it does provide some of the best catch and release fishing action you will ever find.[/center] [center]contact your local state park ranger for clues of when and where you can hook into rainbow action...[/center]
[signature]
HEY THERE MOUNTAINMAN! I,VE NEVER SEEN BLOOD WORMS OR HEARD OF EM. AS FER AS I KNOW WE DON,T HAVE ANY HERE. ARE THEY LIKE A BLOD SUCKER??? I,VE USED THE WHITE SNAIL BEFORE YA FIND UNDER THE PLYWOOD THAT,S HANGIN ROUND ON THE GROUND ROUND THE HOUSE HAHA TILL I GIT TO CLEAN UP HAHA AND USED THEM THEY,RE ACTUALLY GOT TAN ON TOP AND WHITE ON THE BOTTOME. BOUT 1/4 -1/2 IN. LONG AND GOT SOME GOOD RAINBOWS WITH EM. BROOKIES, AND BROWNS IN MY BIG BROOK/ LATER MARE[Smile][cool]
[signature]
NICE PICTURE DAVE. THAT LIKE A BEAVER DAM??? WE GOT GOOD MANY TOO THAT WE FISH IN. YOU TAKIN THE PICTURE OR FISHIN?? I DIDN,T SEE YA HAHA LATER MARE
[signature]
it's just a fly pattern. It is basically imitating a small red worm. I've also heard it called a san juan worm, but it isn't actually one. The closest fly I know of to the pattern I use is called a blood worm, so that's what I call it. I don't know if it actually is a known pattern to most people, so it probably isn't named.
[signature]
OH OK HAHA I THOUGHT IT WAS AN ACTUAL WORM HAHA. LITTLE DO I KNOW ABOUT FLY FISHIN!! HAHA I TAKE MY 1/2 A NIGHT CRAWLER NO SINKER OR NOTHIN SLAP IT ON THE WATER AN THAT,S HOW I FLY FISH HAHA BUT IT,S FUNNY IT WORKS. DID YOU SEE I WATCHED " A RIVER RUNS THROUGH IT " THE OTHER DAY UNDER FLY FISHIN?? HAHA I GOT A LITTLE TECHNICLE HAHA BUT I DO LOVE THAT MOVIE. I COULD WATCH IT A 100 TIMES AND NOT GIT SICK OF IT. BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY! LATER
[signature]
HEY DAVE!!! HOPE YOU ENJOYED YOUR DAY OFF HAHALATER DID YA GO FISHIN?? HOPE SO HOW,S YOUR WEATHER??[Smile]
[signature]
How's the weather you ask?

well when ever I poke my nose out the door there is plenty of it I can tell you....

some times there is rain. sun, wind, dark, all kinds of good fishing weaather [cool]
[signature]
WHEN I USE TO GO OVER TO PLYMOUTH VT. FISHIN IN THE LAKES, FOR THE RAINBOWS, WE USE TO USE THOSE PAUTSKI,S RED BALL SALMON EGGS, THEY WERE THE BEST. THEY WERE SINGLES SO YA USE THE EAGLE CLAW SIZE 8 HOOK WITH 3 OR 4 SALMON EGGS ON AND THROW OUT. I ALSO USED A SLIDIN SINKER WHICH KEPT THE BAIT UP AND LET THE SINKER STAY TO THE BOTTOM. THE TROUT WOULD PICK UP THE BAIT AND AND THE SINKER WOULD SLIDE AND YOUR LINE WOULD GO OUT. LEAVE YOUR BAIL OPEN. THEY,LL RUN WITH IT LIKE WITH A CRAWLER AND THEN NUB EM. THEY HAVE SPECIAL SALMON EGG HOOKS BUT TO ME THEY STAYED ON BETTER WITH THE SIZE 8 BROOKIE HOOKS. HOW BOUT YOU MOUNTAINMAN?? DO YOU USE SALMON EGGS?[Smile][cool][Wink][laugh]
[signature]
I HEAR YA US TOO!! BUT THEY SAID WE,RE SUPPOSE TA HAVE 5 DAYS GREAT SUN!! EVEN IN A ROW!! HAHA WE,LL SEE OR I,L BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT?? HAHA OH WHAT THE---- I,LL GO ANYWAYS HAHA SNOW!! HAHA[Smile][Wink][cool][laugh]
[signature]
Dangit! I forgot to sign in, again!
[signature]
haha i do that sometimes. i figured it was you. well over in them lakes in plymouth that,s bout all people use is those salmoneggs. good deep lakes. there,s also lakers in there but ya got to git in the midder with a boat don deep. then use the minnow thing! hha later
[signature]