Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Golden Trout
Hi,
My name is Chad and I am new to this forum.
I have no fishing experience, and I am hoping that you, the pros, can point me in the right direction.

I am going to be fishing for Golden Trout in the Sierras and I would like some insight on what type of rod/lures, good resources - websites and books that are useful for beginners.

This is for a backpacking trip with my dad, and I am hoping to provide some fish on the trip.

Thank you in advance for your help,
Chad
[url "mailto:arbuckle79@cox.net"]arbuckle79@cox.net[/url]
[signature]
If you can't catch Goldens you can fish a lick. Really, really easy and small. Where they live they thrive and will eat you if the mosquitos don't first. One lake , a days hike up from Big Pine, after cleaning some rainbows, the Goldens showed up and almost threw themselves up on the shoreline to get the scraps. Bring some small spoons, minijigs, and a bubble and fly rig. Just dapping a # 16 Mosquito fly on the surface in a fast running creek will make them jump and wiggle in the air fight.Bring a rig you can fish two pound test with.Keep your drag set light. Try to practice fish as much as you can before you leave.My Dad always told me, "My favorite thing about fishing is Pactice, Practice Practice!" Good luck, take pics, and have a great time on the water.
[signature]
[cool][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]Hey there dendopolo - where the heck have you been? Perhaps traveling the world in search of a quiet place to fish? Anyhow good to see you on line again. BTW Arbuckle79 I wouldn't mind taking a swat at those goldens myself. My new 2wt fly rod would be just the ticket for those babies. An 18-22 dry fly might do the trick.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
DR

I think you are just trying to find someone to go fishing with.. LOL....btw.. if ya go and got some extra everything dont forget me.. LOL....

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[Image: happy.gif][size 4][font "Garamond"][#008000]Hey there MacFly please clarify that comment "got some extra everything ". Do you mean extra pesos?[/#008000][/font][/size]
[signature]
Welcome aboard Arbuckle79 and thanks for taking the time to register.

It looks like I'm too late on the top advice for you but there are still some options to cover as well.[cool]
[signature]
xtra money, xtra room for someone else to tag along.. ya know.. the basic moocher thing where you get everything for free.. [sly]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]