Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4th of July Float Tube Bassin'(pics)
Took my tube out for it's second fishin' mission. Caught 17 LMB including a nice 5+ pounder.

My tube:

[Image: 7-4-08014.jpg]

my catch:

[Image: 7-4-08015.jpg]

[Image: 7-4-08017.jpg]

[Image: 7-4-08018.jpg]

[Image: 7-4-08028.jpg]

[Image: 7-4-08025.jpg]

[Image: 7-4-08026.jpg]

[Image: 7-4-08027.jpg]

[Image: 7-4-08029.jpg]

and the HAWG of the day:

[Image: 7-4-08024.jpg]

[Image: 7-4-08022.jpg]

[Image: 7-4-08023.jpg]

[Image: 7-4-08021.jpg]

not bad for only 4 1/2 hours. last week i caught 26 LMB my first time fishing in a tube ever.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Great report and pics. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Now you can declare your independence from any other kind of fishing. It only gets better.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Just keep an eye on the weather and don't get too over-confident. All it takes is one mishap and it can ruin the enjoyment big time.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Keep on fishin' and keep on postin'.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Great report and NICE bass!!! I too had a nice outting on the 4th but nothing compared to yours:o) I can't wait until I can land me a 5 pound + hawg (I'd love to lip a DD someday too!).
[signature]
Thanks for the comments guys! I've been slaying the bass at this one pond every time I fish it. It's a small 60-somthin acre pond that is absolutely perfect for float tube fishing. There are many docks to fish around but not so many boats, a lot of the people who own camps there have canoes and kayaks so boat traffic doesn't get out of hand. There is also a ton of shore line with overhanging brush and tree branches which accommodates to bass fishing quite well. The water is also VERY clean which eases my mind about sitting in it all day, waders or no waders.

But anyway, back to the bass slaying part.........

I've been to this pond 3 times this season, the first time was in a canoe with a friend. I caught 15 LMB, and probably had 10 more spit the hook on me. My friend caught 7 or 8 if I remember correctly. We, were catching them on spinnerbaits that day......didn't matter what color as long as the blades were silver.

Then I bought my tube and decided to try it out at this little slice of heaven. I had the whole pond to myself due to overcast skies and drizzle all day. Caught 26 LMB most of which were in the 15'' range mixed in with the occasional dink, the biggest being 18'' or so, all on 3'' wacky rigged senko style worms(Wave Worm Tiki Sticks to be exact). Once again, color was not an issue. The trick was to skip cast the worm as far up under the docks and brush overhang as you could. This was EASILY done from the float tube. Your sitting at the perfect level to make skip casting almost effortless.

Then there was the 4th of July, and well, you see the pics.
By far I think buying a float tube was the best investment I've made in a long time as far as fishing goes. And to think........I almost bought a kayak!
[signature]