Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's Up!!!
I would have figured that there would be more posts here.

I grew in Mt and fished the whole state. I would like to see info on how the fishing is going.

Post yhem up[
[signature]
[#004080][/#004080]
[#004080][/#004080]
[#004080] [cool] I'm with you. I came up here to see what's hot in Montana fishing, but not much action. I'm from Utah where our forum is huge. I'll be fishing Hebgen in mid August, but would be interested in tactics and conditions on some of the bigger trolling lakes up there..... [:/][/#004080]
[signature]
No internet up here yet! J/K

I think you're better off to ask a specific question about a specific body of water/river. Someone will usually respond with a report and/or feedback.

As for the Hebgen in August poster...fishing is excellent. If you get blown off try Quake Lake.....big browns in there. Wind usually comes up in the early afternoon so I suggest you get out early.

Goosebuster, since you grew up in MT, you already know why there are no reports or activity on this forum......the fishing is always lousy.[Smile]
[signature]
I know the fishing is lousy except for the gulpers. Quake is not really good till after labor day.

Flat is good for deep trolling as is Ft Peck.

You just need to get on the billings gazette home page and check the feautres which will have a weekly fishing report. If Mark is saying it is lousy that is the time to it it.
[signature]
[Smile][#0000bf] Thanks for the info. I've been on Hebgen many times, but never actually fished Quake Lake. Maybe I'll try it this time. I really enjoy Hebgen this time of year. Last year I watched Moose feeding in the shallows along the South side. It ook me several years to figure out the Browns, but now that I have, I REALLY like this lake...[Wink][/#0000bf]
[signature]
[#004080]That's kinda what I was thinking...Flathead for lakers. We have pretty big lakers at Flaming Gorge, but I'm always up for a new adventure. Just want to get some more insight on locations and tactics before haulin by boat all the way up there...[blush][/#004080]
[signature]