Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got a boat!
I've been fishing out of a little 14' aluminum boat this spring. I currently have a 24lb thrust trolling motor to power it. But I'm picking up a 50lb thrust trolling motor tonight that will really make it move! Also I have a little 5hp johnson motor that we are getting work done on so after that is fixed I should be set!

Not quite the $60k ranger boat that I've been dreaming of but hey it gets the job done and its fun! and puts me where the fish are!

[cool]
[signature]
congrats on the new boat, a 14 footer and 5 horse johnson with a 24 thrust electric motor is all a man neads,

I have a 15 horse johnson and 30 thrust motor on my 14 footer, and to be honest, I never kick my motor over 2 or 3 when fishing.

I do have to have an extra battery, the bigger the thrust the more you use on the battery...

there are a couple lakes in my area where the lakes are 3 miles across to where I like to fish, and with a 15 it takes me about 15 minutes to get there... I only hit those lakes a couple times a year,

are ya having any luck on the water? I havent been out in a couple months. havent had the urge lately....

if ya have a pic of the new boat that would be cool to see...
[signature]