Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ranger 360A flasher
hey there

just to let you know what i found out about the flasher that says ranger 360A on it, it came off a ranger boat and the 360A is the boat model number according to ranger, it

is about 15 or 15 years old and may be a hummingbird or a lawrence flasher

now the fun begins to find a flasher now i know what i am looking for

mike

branch county michigan
[signature]
so my suspitions are confermed...

since the modle is 15 years old you may find what you are looking for at a flea market. there are a couple in the detroit area that are quite large. one on the corner of Teligraph and Dixie Highway called the Dixie Land Flea Market. the other is in Gibrolter (check spelling) it is called the Gibrolter Traid center.

Both of these flea markets are huge so plan on spending at least 4 hours. take the wife and kids, they to will get a kick out of all the stuff. Better than a mega mall...
[signature]
dixie land flea market is where i bought my first dog , no joke ! it's a good spot to check out . the gibralter trade center is no longer a flea market setting , it's all new stuff . but if you continue west on eurica road and turn left (south ) on middlebelt you will find one of two big flea markets , i bought a boat at this one . continue past that flea market to sibley road , turn right ( west ) and continue untill it dead ends for the other big flea market , , great bargins there too !

a couple of times a year gander mountain puts it's old stock out for sale , transducers too , usually about 3 or 4 bucks . check out e-bay as well .
[signature]
jay's sporting goods in clare has it's sidewalk sale on this weekend . we will be going there this weekend , 50-80% off stuff , if you know or have any info on a replacement part or something else that will work in it's place , let me know and i'll see if its availible .
[signature]
thanks for the offer, i went to lunkers the other day and bought the transducer,

dont think the flasher works, the depth works but always shows fish at 7 feet, played with the knobs and still shows fish unless i turn the sensitivity all the way down,[pirate] , but dont show any fish...did catch some nice crappie altho and one walleye, just under the legal size by 1/4" so she went back..oh well thanks for the offer again

mike
[signature]
sorry to hear it's not functioning correctley . i lve in an area with a lot of small lakes , usually i run into a few units at yard sales . if i come across another good deal , i'll get you hooked up . about three weeks ago i picked up a humingbird wide view fishfinder brand new in the box ( unwrapped ) for $20.00 ! i gave it to my uncle for his fishing boat . my dad and cousins use the boat all the time for taking the kids out .

i haven't had a waleye on since before the season opened , i cought a nice fat 27"male and had to put him back as well . no crappie yet either , loads of bass and gills to be cought everywhere ,sure would be nice to catch something different for a change [Smile] .

what lakes have you been fishing ?
[signature]
I fish matteson lake (west of coldwater) and also fish Randal lake that is a good one for perch. I go to yard sales but i dont seem to find any fishing stuff, i would like that if you can hook me up with one, i havent cought a bass this year usually i catch some but no luck this year, then again i havent tried very hard for bass my in-laws have a cottage on Diamond lake in Indinia and cought a few pike out of there lots of small bluegills but nothing to brag about...
[signature]
no problem at all , i live by an area where the rich boys are always upgrading there expencive toys . there's always a good deal to be found .

it's suposed to rain here later today , so i'll be trying my luck in the rivers this evening . anything but a bluegill would be a nice surprise !
[signature]
well i webt to jay's saturday , it reminded me of x-mass shopping ! pushing , shoving , things just flying off the shelves , then i was told to settle down [Tongue].

not really .

they had more transducers than you could carry for sale , all around $5.00 each ! none that matched your unit or mine .

hunting boots went for ten bucks a pair , waders went for twenty . lures fiftey cents up to three dollers , reels fifteen . string was half price .

trouble was , just about everything was gone or i had one of them already .

i did get my littleone a $200.00 pair of nike sneekers for ten bucks .

if i bought everything i wanted , i could have gone broke . i focused on what i actually needed instead . i wished someone would have kicked some sence into me ! great bargins !
[signature]
thats my kind of shopping,10 dollar nikes..sounds great.. i wasnt thinking myself, i lost a transducer for my other fish finder last year ( is sitting with the trolling motor in the bottom of matteson lake) i forgot to lift the trolling motor and it went for a fly....then went swimming....
[signature]
what kind ? most the transducers were lorance , humingbird and one that the namestarted with an "E " . there was one trolling motor mount kit with the transducer , that was one that started with the "E" .

just about all of them were between 5 and 10 bucks , nothing higher .they will be having jays gaylord store sidewalk sale soon too . i can head over there for that too . get me the make and model numbers of what you need and i'll see if we can get it mached up .

your pal , al
[signature]
its a eagle magna view (el cheap`o) the power cord is missing too so if you can find em both, that would be great, thanks mike
[signature]
cool , will do . i'll stop by the clare store and see what they have left over before they ship it off to the other store . i brought the jay's schedule up to the top of the mi. page , the sale is next month in gaylord .
[signature]