Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High Mountain Lakes
I am going Backpacking into the frank-church wilderness area and hitting some high mountain lakes in two weeks. I use panther martins as my go to lure for this situation and searching their web sit I found there hollographic minnow. Has any one had any experience with this lure in any situation? Also if any one has any other lures the recomend for high mount lakes I would appreciate any info. Thanks
[signature]
I've had great luck with panther martin deluxe w/ dressed trebles, rooster tails, kastmasters (one of my favorite lures), wedding band lure, berkley gulp earthworm rigged with tandem hook setup(2 gamakatsu single egg hooks and a splitshot, small jointed rapala jerkbaits and other inline spinner types like mepps, blue fox, rapala minnow spinner, etc.

as for the holographic minnow - the site shows it as a trailer for an inline spinner. I'd think that would be too big for most rainbows and even browns, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try it. I'd say if you try it and they're short striking the lure you should add a stinger hook to that minnow portion. they're on sale so it might be worth trying them. g'luck!
[signature]
(07-19-2008, 03:44 AM)IdahoJoe Wrote: I am going Backpacking into the frank-church wilderness area and hitting some high mountain lakes in two weeks.  I use panther martins as my go to lure for this situation and searching their web sit I found there hollographic minnow.  Has any one had any experience with this lure in any situation?  Also if any one has any other lures the recomend for high mount lakes I would appreciate any info.  Thanks
[signature]

Dont forget to bring some small jerkbaits (work them way faster than you would normally think)