Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monster Cat
I was fishing at a small Texas lake with my friend Daniel. It was around 9:00 at night and I decided we should start packing up to go home. We had been fishing for channel cat that day with chicken gizzards sprinkled with garlic. We were using cheap zebco reels, so I cast the bait out into the water, then stuck the butt of my rod in the mud and put a rock on it(to make sure it held fast). To be honest, I didn't really expect to pull out a cat because we hadn't had much luck that day. We had all the other poles getting packed up besides mine. I was over by the truck loading things when i heard a splash. I turned around and saw the rock lying on its side and the pole in the water. I did the only thing a fisherman would do. I jumped in. I swam in the lake for 3 or so minutes, but i knew it was gone. When i got home i told my dad, "I'm going back to the lake tomorrow and i'm gonna catch that fish." The chances of that, i knew, where close to impossible. The next day Daniel and I went back to the lake. We didn't think much of the pole because it could be anywhere in the lake. It was around 7 or 8 when daniel yelled, "I gotta bite." He started reeling in, and i saw what looked to be a stick hooked on his line. Then we realized, it was my pole! Again i did the only thing a fishermen would do. I jumped in. Swam to the pole, then it disappeared underwater. "Dang, i think i lost it.." said Daniel. I started feeling around in the water desperately, then i grabbed something. It was just some fishing line. I thought it was Daniels, but then i felt something hit my left leg underwater. I frantically started swimming to shore with the line in hand. I got to the shore, heaved up the line and came eye to eye with a 10" channel. I pulled the other end of the line, and found it was the pole I lost the night before. The monster catfish that yanked my rod into the water was a tiny channel, not even eating size. That was a shocker. Lol

Well, thanks to anyone that had the patience to finish this story, hope you enjoyed it. Bassmasta
[signature]
haha! you never know though, a huge cat might have taken for a ride then spit out your liver, and then that little one might have taken it.
[signature]
That is true, i never thought of it that way. haha
[signature]
This happened to me once or twice, or was it three times....hmm, either way I didn't get my pole back lol.
[signature]