Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 day work week VS State Parks
[font "Garamond"][#500050][size 4] Today (Aug 04) started the 4 day work week for state businesses, most state run facilities (Like state parks) does that mean to avoid the heavy population that Monday-Thursday is the only time to hit the Lake? And on Fridays no one will be there to collect the fair, “NOT” [:p] I am sure they will be there to collect there part of the income.
Does this also mean that the lakes, rivers, boating and fishing will be more crowded on Fridays with people off on Fridays?[crazy]
I think this 4 day work week is a good thing to save $ for Utah (3 Mil a year) [Wink] how ever fishing for me, will be Mon-Thus. most of the time.
[/size][/#500050][/font][font "Garamond"][#500050][size 4]What do you think of the 4 day work week?
How will this affect crowded lakes and fishing?[/size][/#500050][/font] [fishin]

[signature]
If you have a normal 9-to-5 job, you might be thinking “Well that’s great for you Ryan. You can control your work week.
moshaldock

[url "http://www.treatmentcenters.org/massachusetts"]MassachusettsTreatmentCenters [/url]
[signature]
No doubt there will be a few more people out on Fridays. I would jump on the chance to have a four-day work week.
[signature]
i dont work for the state but i work 4 tens and i rarely go out friday. i get things done that i would do before on saturday on friday so my weekend is more open. but i also could see more people on friday fishing. well when i ususally go fishing 6AM there are very few people out anyways.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4]The 4-day work week is aimed at those agencies that work in offices on a Monday through Friday basis. It will shut down the building an extra day every week saving or reducing the energy costs. I don’t believe this will affect State Parks as they are a 7 day a week operation and don’t have any real energy usage that isn’t being covered by user fees. And most of the folks on duty at the entry points are camp hosts or vender employees and would not be considered state employees. Bottom line is we should see no change in the operation of State Parks. At least, that’s the way I see it.[/size][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4] [/size][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4]As far as usage goes, I’m sure there will be some increase on Fridays, but I would guess it will be less than on weekends or holidays. As was stated above, some folks will use Fridays to take care of personal errands and tasks that previously were taken care of on the weekends thereby freeing up the weekend for recreational activities. I’ll be cutting back on Friday outings in favor of Monday through Thursday. It sure is nice to be retired. [Wink][/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Hill AFB, the state's largest employer, has a five, four, nine shift for most of it's civillian employees which means they are off every other Friday. I don't know the state office employee numbers but I shouldn't think it is that high. The base has been on this routine for years so alot of the Friday pressure has already been with us for awhile.[fishin]
[signature]