Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best brand of mono??
Is the best mono line the most expensive? Is there anything wrong with using Ande since it is less $$ than Stren and all those other pricier mono's? (Specifically 14-17#)
[signature]
Price is not all it pans out to be.

I test tackle for a living and have come across some good stuff that has then sold for a moderate price as well as some crappy stuff that ended up selling for a high price.

The unmentionable stuff sells at Kmart and other little tackle shops.

[cool]
[signature]
Ande is great line, but like Tuben2 said its true. Theres enough suckers, excuse the language. You no what I mean. We change our line more than normal so its really not a matter of cost unless you buy the most expensive. Have not broke off on a fish in a real long time, even trolling.
[signature]
Ande is a great line. I can only use it for one trip before I have to re-spool or topshot it with something that will last a little longer.

It holds up well in the ocean but depending on the type of fishing you will do, it could end up more expensive in the long run especially if a nice JP fish busts off at the wrong time.[shocked]
[signature]
I've never used Ande on the salt before. I've always used Berkley Big Game, Izor and recently I've started trying some Yozuri hybrid line. I like all three and haven't had any problems with it at all.
[signature]
Ande is pretty much a line for MDR or the Shoe areas.

nice for Calicos and Sandies. Takes a little stretch in the structure but not a quality line if the JP depends on it for Big Gamers.

I like the Izor XXX for more general fishing at the Islands but prefer the Trilene Big Game when the bite has to count.[cool]
[signature]
I agree Ande, Berkley both great lines!
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
That's so true. Price doesn't always dictate the quality of a product.
[signature]