Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IS IT LEAGAL TO DUMP INTO A RIVER
Im new to the board-And as far as asking a local State game warden questions about our towns crew of pumping out water in the middle of our town streets-and then pumping out the crap into the Castleton river-I have seen them do it a couple times one day when i was fishing in the river they pumpted it out in-I yelled at them-and they did nothing-Now they still do it-But try to hide themselfs from people-by doing it behind there town garage-I even asked the Game Warden-And he said-Im sorry-Thats not my department-Ide have to contact the water resorces department-I have emailed the state office in Montpiler twice-And never got a reply-Any info on this would be helpfull-Because i noticed that since they have been doing this-Fishing in the river from there down now-Your lucky to get fish like you used to-Thank John B PLMK Any Info on this-kawhona4@hotmail.com
[signature]
[Image: happy.gif][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]Hi there kawhona4 and welcome to the BFT. That is a terrible situation that you described. [shocked] Off hand I can thing of a few sources to contact and I'm sure that other members will do likewise.[/size][/#008000][/font]

[ol][li][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]Contact Trout Unlimited[/size][/#008000][/font][/li][li][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]Local Environmental group[/size][/#008000][/font][/li][li][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]Department of Health[/size][/#008000][/font][/li][li][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]Sanitation Dept[/size][/#008000][/font][/li][/ol][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]BTW are these city or county crew workers?[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]as far as I know it is illegal in any state to dump raw sewage into any public waterway.. I would do as DR said and contact the list of people he suggested.. and you may want to add the EPA as well.. [/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]MacFly [cool][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]Say there kawhona4 - I just had another thought and that is to contact the Orvis Company. Recently they have been running ads in their monthly paper bringing to the attention of fishing community the need to make a contribution to the Teton Creek Restoration project. I made a post on the Preservation & Conservation forum about my experience a few years back regarding illegal activity. In fact I sent my story along with my check and received an acknowledgement thanking me for interest and my story. Heck while I'm not even a resident of Idaho I feel that this is my country and land to protect.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]BTW I am moving your post to the Conservation board.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?post=429875;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?post=429875;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread[/url]
[signature]