Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOP Convention Spin - Lieberman and Thompson make misleading claims about Obama
Joe Lieberman and his former Senate colleague Fred Thompson both made misleading claims about Obama in their prime time GOP convention speeches on Tuesday. We've heard two of them before – many times.

Lieberman said Obama hadn't "reached across party lines" to accomplish "anything significant," though Obama has teamed with GOP Sens. Tom Coburn and Richard Lugar to pass laws enhancing government transparency and curtailing the proliferation of nuclear and conventional weapons.

Thompson repeated misleading claims about Obama's tax program, saying it would bring "one of the largest tax increases in American history." But as increases go, Obama's package is hardly a history-maker. It would raise taxes for families with incomes above $250,000. Most people would see a cut.

Lieberman also accused Obama of "voting to cut off funding for our American troops on the battlefield." But Obama's only vote against a war-funding bill came after Bush vetoed a version of the bill Obama had supported – and McCain urged the veto.

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/..._spin.html
[signature]
I am not all that perswaded by any thing Lieberman says about anything, he cant keep his own mind straight about wich party he stands on,

What is he Democrat, Indipendant or Republican?
When he can make up his mind maybe I might listen to what he has to say....[crazy]
[signature]
Well as soon as B.O. comes up with real change give me a call.
[signature]
The whole election is about change, and change it has.

In case you havn't noticed there is a woman and a person of color right up at the top.
That's change!
[signature]
Yes this is true it is change but not by them we are due too have that happen and yes I am all for it
[signature]
The real problem is that Obama isn't experienced enough to be president. What has Obama done? What laws has he written? Hell, half the time he doesn't even vote yay or nay... he votes present.

He was in the Senate for less than a year (way less) when he announced that he was running. And the only reason that he did was because he was a "media darling" after he spoke at the 2004 DNC.

Can you tell me how he is qualified. No need to mention Mccain at all... that's a different subject. How is Obama qualified?
[signature]
Obama is qualified because a majority of the registered democrats who actually vote (all year, not just in Nov) selected him.

What are the qualifications for being president? Age 35, natural born citizen not a convicted felon? I think that's about it. So if so many people selected him to lead them, that is his qualification.

How would a politition that has been part of the status qou for so long be able to run on a platorm of change like Obama can? By putting down that which they had been a part of for so long?
[signature]
That's pretty funny. Yeah, my dad could run for president, maybe you could, I can't yet cause I'm not old enough. But I guess you qualify.

Try to spin it any way you want to, but that doesn't change the fact that he doesn't have the experience. I'm not even calling anything out on his record of voting or what not, the fact that he has no record is a real issue with most Americans.

A good comparison is the young and smart new guy at work makes a big hit with his 1st department proposal, and then decides he wants to be the CEO. Does that make sense to you???? It sure doesn't to me.

So let me rephrase my question. We all know he meets qualification standards based on age and citizenship. What has Obama ever accomplished or done that makes you or anyone else think that he can be a successful commander in chief?

The funny thing is that his VP is 10 times more "qualified" than he is.
[signature]
you only need to meet two qualifications.

one, born in this country
two, reach the age of 35

after that, it dosnt matter who you are or what you have done.... "yes that means a convicted murder can run for office"
[signature]