Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Fishing Hurts" PETA'S latest anti-fishing campaign
Hey, I just read this and thought how funny it was. PETA's latest capaign against fishing... It's pretty absurd. Do I believe fish should be slaughtered and abused with wild abandon - no, but not because I attribute any human qualities to them, only because I am conservation minded and like to see a stable, healthy fishery. Little do these people know, that often having a stable fishery depends on the harvest of fish.

Do these people consider the incredible economic boost that fishing brings to many people, businesses, and towns? No, because they don't care about people. They only care about animals, and that's wrong.

In the animal world, they kill and eat eachother all the time. It's called the food chain. Big fish eat little fish. Lions eat gazelles. Sharks eat seals. People eat everything else. What's the big deal? If PETA had it their way, all the predatory fish would have to eat carrots and the poor farm animals would be released into the wild only to starve to death. Somebody needs to get a grip on reality.

[url "http://www.fishinghurts.com/"]www.fishinghurts.com[/url]

[url "http://www.fishinghurts.com/feat-dogfish.asp?c=1509&gclid=CNnVnoD4u5YCFQkiagodvGNiKw"]http://www.fishinghurts.com/...D4u5YCFQkiagodvGNiKw[/url]

To say that fish have the same cognitive powers and feelings as non-human primates... I'm going to have to say "bunk" on that one. That's impossible. They don't have the cerebral cortex capable of thinking in that manner, they run on instinct and have a small memory capacity that allows them to become conditioned to their environments. Those so called oxford scientists are reflective of the extreme hippy liberalism found in many of today's universities. Quite Sad, really.

Peta quote of the day, "When it comes to feelings, a child is a dog is a fish."

I wonder what would happen if we could transport Peta members into a clan of nomadic hunter-gatherers thousands of years ago...
[signature]
[#0000ff]"Little do these people know, that often having a stable fishery depends on the harvest of fish."[/#0000ff]

They don't give a stinking damn about your stinking "stable fishery".

You can't reason with illogical people.
[signature]
Just went to the fishinghurts web site. They have some good bowfishing videos. The videos are intended to show how "cruel" bowfishing is, it's pretty funny. It's all carp of course which takes any and all drama out of it.
[signature]
"Imagine reaching for an apple on a tree and having your hand suddenly impaled by a metal hook that drags you—the whole weight of your body pulling on that one hand—out of the air and into an atmosphere in which you cannot breathe. This is what fish experience when they are hooked for “sport.”"

I think if it were a tWinkie or a beer, we might be in trouble. The site refers to "sea kittens". For a minute I thought they were talking about catfish, and I was interested in finding where they recommend fishing for them, but then it became obvious that fish are peta's next domesticated pet. I think Peta would rather see Paris Hilton with a catfish sticking out of her handbag instead of a dog. Of course, every 7 seconds, the fish would forget who she is.
[signature]
[#0000ff]"Of course, every 7 seconds, the fish would forget who she is."[/#0000ff]

LOL!!!!
[signature]
Yep the bow fishing looks fun. I guess peta doesn't understand what great fertilizer those "poor" carp make and how tastey they make "organic vegetables". Ha Ha peta I can't wait until I get a bow and "impale" some carp out of Utah lake.
[signature]
I have a strong concern for those "animal rights" activist.
Why are they doing this to themselves over fish?

Yes we fisherman agree that a ruthless slaughter of animals like Orangutans and monkeys and all that.

I hate to see some animals hunted..especially when they are endangered.

I believe honestly that they are just plain strange folks, sorry to say. That doesn't help anyone understand anything. I know but you can't go on living your life worrying over fish being caught when indeed they avoid predators 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

Imagine yourself being a fish. You have all sorts of dangers in your immediate environment. Even without the
presence of fisherman a fish has to avoid danger at all times. Not to insult anyones intelligence.
[signature]
oh wow. PETA means:
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals

here i thought it always meant:
People Eating Tastey Animals

huh, i learn something new every day
[signature]